Material / Fabric / Cloth / Notions / Ribbon Stores

My mom is an avid quilter. As I have no idea where to buy material for her quilting needs I was wondering if someone would be able to point me in the direction of stores selling 100% cotton material.

Thanks for your help.

Andy

Where are you, Andy?

Go to Dihua St (off the end of Nanjing W Rd). There’s a big building there with a huge cloth market inside. All sorts of material.

Brian

[quote=“Bu Lai En”]Go to Dihua St (off the end of Nanjing W Rd). There’s a big building there with a huge cloth market inside. All sorts of material.

Brian[/quote]

3rd and 4th floors, but don’t go till next week as they are all on CNY holiday (went today)

There’s also a place a few blocks south of the Kuting MRT station on the west side of Roosevelt Road. Small shop but you can’t miss it as there is quilt work in the windows.

Where are all the fabric or dress making shops in Taipei? My guess is there is probably a whole street of these, somewhere :ponder:

In particular, I’m looking for a good assortment of ribbon.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Let me answer my own question!

Fabric Market
Yongle Market (永樂市場) on Dihua Street (迪化街). 103 Taipei City Datong District Section 1, Dihua St No.21,號02-2555-4341‎

Ribbon Shop
11 Mingle St (介良裡布行, 民樂街11號, tel: (02) 2558-8527), directly to the south of Yongle Market. Mondays to Saturdays between 10am and 6:30pm.