Mayan Calendar Predicts World end 21st December 2012

I believe the Mayan Calender was thought, by some,to predict the Apocalypse on 21st December 2012.
I hope this is not the case. It would be most inconvenient as i have my Birthday party on this date.
If anyone has evidence of this being a probability ,please let me know so that i can make other arrangements. :popcorn:

[quote=“shiadoa”]I believe the Mayan Calender was thought, by some,to predict the Apocalypse on 21st December 2012.
I hope this is not the case. It would be most inconvenient as I have my Birthday party on this date.
If anyone has evidence of this being a probability ,please let me know so that i can make other arrangements. :popcorn:[/quote]

The end will come when it comes. By the way, I doubt the Mayans had the same concept about apocalypse as Christians do. Maybe their apocalypse is when they ran out of corn bread. But if you want signs if it being true, refer to this picture:

or this video:

youtu.be/bM4prGJf4Nw

If the world doesn’t end on Dec 21, then it’s sure to end on Dec 31st 2012. That’s when the calendar on my desk runs out. If I turn the page after that, there’s nothing. Just a great big void.

Im selling insurance against the end of the world. Give me all your money now, and I will give it back to you DOUBLE if the world ends on Dec 31, 2012.

IN fact, buy one year get one year free. IF it doesnt end on 12.31.12, then you get a roll over until 12.31.13 if it ends by then.

HOws that for a bargain?

There are only two differences between a cult and a world religion:

1. The numbers involved;
  2. People who found cults are stupid enough to put specific details (i.e. dates) that can be independently tested on their wacky ideas.

Damn I was planning to go for vindaloo that evening. I love vindaloo, what now?

will tikkala do instead of vindaloo?

will tikkala do instead of vindaloo?[/quote]

If tikkala survives the apocalypse then yeah I guess it would be an acceptable substitute.

chicken tikamasala will be safe.

THE Mayan calendar does not predict any such thing.

Funny thing about native cultures to Mexico and Central America, just about all their shit was destroyed, so we only have a few things to look at that survived.

A much older calendar than the well known one was discovered, which does not predict the world ending and extends WAY beyond 2012 (also begins like 500 years before the well known one): http://www.christianpost.com/news/earliest-mayan-mural-contradicts-dec-21-2012-doomsday-74788/

People just like doomsdays cus they are bored. You know how many people did stupid shit around the year 1000 CE?

how’d we go from the end of the world to indian food? Delhi belly only FEELS like the end of the world :slight_smile:

The world will end and be replaced with an exact duplicate.

No, that’s hell.

After the end of the world there are a few possible scenarios:

1. Exodus of earth, where China and America form an alliance, and terraforms most of the planets of a solar system. A mixture of Chinese and English becomes the new language.
  2. Exodus of earth, where humans are divided into 12 tribes and roam the space until they find a planet named Kobol.
  3. A super computer in charge of organizing the US military decides that robots should rule the world and look to exterminate humans. Nuclear warheads will be used. Humans will try to rebel and survive underground.
  4. As a possible continuation of the previous scenario, even more nuclear warheads are used against the robots to trigger a global nuclear winter in order to cut the robots off solar energy. Robots turns to harvesting humans as batteries. A small group of humans continues to rebel and survive underground.
  5. God will throw away his keyboard and kick his computer while shouting “darn, the simulation crashes again after running for 13.75 billion years! Now I have to run it all over again. I’m never going to graduate…”

Did I miss anything?

No, that’s hell.[/quote]
It’s also the plot of Hitchhiker’s Guide, isn’t it?

Will the exact duplicate be made in China? If so, that would explain China’s rapid and otherwise-inexplicable industrialisation over the last couple of decades: it was just the Mayans getting their ducks in a row.

Does this mean i should order 2 of everything for my Party? :popcorn:

That’s exactly what it is. There are not anymore Mayans or at least the ones that use to make the calendars to make a new one.

No, that’s hell.[/quote]
It’s also the plot of Hitchhiker’s Guide, isn’t it?

Will the exact duplicate be made in China? If so, that would explain China’s rapid and otherwise-inexplicable industrialisation over the last couple of decades: it was just the Mayans getting their ducks in a row.[/quote]

It is. But the idea that Slartibartfast might be Chinese contract labor is disturbing. Possibly the Mayan’s were the contractor.

Please God let the world end on the 21st.
Got a fucking wedding to go to on the 22nd.
One of those where most where tracksuit pants, slippers, and it will be held in a panelbeaters garage.
And the wife will complain about my dress. God, if I wear jeans, sneakers, and a T shirt, I will be the best dressed one there, including the groom.

At least if the Mayans were off by a day you’ll be well drunk.