McDonalds discount discount!

Would you go to McDonalds right away for lunch if their prices are 10 NT cheaper at that time?

• Yes, absolutely! 10 NT is a looooat ohhh!
  • No, I want to avoid the long crazy Taiwanese queue.
  • No, 10 NT isn’t worth it.
  • Well, I go to McDonalds every day so its irrelevant.
  • Well, No, I wouldn’t even eat at McDonald’s if it was for free.

0 voters

I just returned from McDonalds. And I had to wait 30 minutes to get my food!!
In my local store there’s normally a queue of like 5 people at lunch time.
Today I saw at least 100 people waiting in line.

Why? I just figured out they sell their major menus with rebates like 10-20 NT. (From 11 AM to 2 PM)…

Nothing against rebates but… why do Taiwanese always have to show up only when stuff is at discount, no matter how much…

So here’s a poll. :slight_smile:

I suggest correcting “Well, I don’t like McDonalds so I wouldn’t go even it was for free.” to “I wouldn’t even eat at McDonald’s if it were free.”

Seriously? Over 10NT?

I wouldn’t eat McDonalds even if THEY paid ME! :no-no: Nasty stuff! :thumbsdown:

Oh, and Taiwanese (the ones I know and the one I’m married to) wouldn’t hesitate to drive from Hsinchu to Taipei’s SOGO because said store offers a free gift (usually something kitsch, like a Hello Kitty tea service with matching serviettes) if you spend more than NT2,000. :unamused:

Moin Jenny,

OK!

The Taiwanese will queue for a free plastic bag, they’ll kill each other for 10 or 20NT.

If i ever open a business here I’ll pay people to stand in a queue, guaranteed that the lemmings will follow.

Crappy Food at a discount!
:hand:

[quote=“StuartCa”]The Taiwanese will queue for a free plastic bag, they’ll kill each other for 10 or 20NT.

If i ever open a business here I’ll pay people to stand in a queue, guaranteed that the lemmings will follow.[/quote]

That and a TV review, saying it’s “famous”, and even the dirties, crappiest stand will make a busload of money.

Logic, smogic.

At least marketing is easy here.

With this many sheeple who needs complex advertising!!

Those sentences have exactly the same meaning. Use of the subjunctive makes the second sound like a prissy middle class whine, though.

More like 16, at least for the Big Mac Meal. (NT$115 → NT$99)

That explains those unusually long lines at lunchtime… :unamused:

The discounts are actually up to 20NT. The cheapest comobs are now 79NT before 2pm. I lined up once last week, but I won’t be doing it again as I fully realize that 20 minutes of my time is worth more than 20NT. Many people were ordering a dozen combos. Presumably, they were ordering for all the staff at the office and it made a little more sense to line up because the savings would be greater.

That’s like lining up to be bludgeoned to death in order to save on chemotherapy.

can you guys seriously eat there knowing what youre eating?

I ate my first Big Mac at 23. It was yummy delicious and the store in Bangkok had the icy-coldest aircon in Chonburi. I associate MacDonalds with the elegant chill of aircon in the hot season after spending my nights with the most evil heatrash you’ve ever seen, listening to snakes eat rats, under the house legs and my days in ‘polite clothing’ covered in chalk dust and sweat.

It’s shit in the UK; lame-o menu and grubby restaurants. It’s decadent wealth in Chonburi. I would have eaten a baby on a bun for that aircon …

[quote=“Buttercup”]I ate my first Big Mac at 23. It was yummy delicious and the store in Bangkok had the icy-coldest aircon in Chonburi. I associate MacDonalds with the elegant chill of aircon in the hot season after spending my nights with the most evil heatrash you’ve ever seen, listening to snakes eat rats, under the house legs and my days in ‘polite clothing’ covered in chalk dust and sweat.

It’s shit in the UK; lame-o menu and grubby restaurants. It’s decadent wealth in Chonburi. I would have eaten a baby on a bun for that aircon …[/quote]
Ms BC, you are just SO non-PC!

[quote=“engerim”]I just returned from McDonalds. And I had to wait 30 minutes to get my food!!
In my local store there’s normally a queue of like 5 people at lunch time.
Today I saw at least 100 people waiting in line.

Why? I just figured out they sell their major menus with rebates like 10-20 NT. (From 11 AM to 2 PM)…

Nothing against rebates but… why do Taiwanese always have to show up only when stuff is at discount, no matter how much…

So here’s a poll. :-)[/quote]

Taiwanese/ Chinese love a discount. ITs in the blood. A lot of em dont even eat at MacD unless theres some sort of discount going on.

LIke me, I buy shizzle at Ross I dont even need just cuz its a discount.

Those sentences have exactly the same meaning. Use of the subjunctive makes the second sound like a prissy middle class whine, though.[/quote]

Indeed and who wants to be a prissy middle class swine, not moi.

Thing is MacD meals really need to be consumed within sixty seconds , otherwise they self destruct and taste even worse then swill. A cold french fry is NOT palatable. A cold hamburger is ghastly.

Cueing up for what? :roflmao: 10 NT$?

… more, cheaper crap food … load up, fill the hungry stomachs, get them obese! hooray for McD! :ohreally:

I just don’t get Taiwanese eating culture … :doh: