Meanwhile in Hong Kong

So you’re saying that they weren’t/aren’t gay?

Also, what is zher? Is that a regional pronunciation variation of 這? How does that even fit into that sentence?

Don’t be coy, Guy. It’s one of them fancy new gender-neutral pronouns. Get with the program! Or it could be the pinyin for 這兒.

And of course they were gay. They don’t call it “Greek” sex for nothing.

Most Greek gods who had gay relationships seem to be bi. Greek gods are also often pedophiles, and some are open to beastiality. Let’s just say, those Greek gods who aren’t outed by legends aren’t our business, and the Greeks at the time really could careless.

My theory is that the ancient Greeks, whether god or mortal, were just being enterprising in coming up with new uses for all that “extra virgin” olive oil.

I typed zhe into dictionary.com. Verdict: not a word.

In fact,it had the following to say:

“Did you mean he?”

I don’t go in for all of this made-up, Cultural Marxist bs.

As for the Greeks, my point was simply that two men together doesn’t automatically imply homosexuality. You also missed the Norse, Egyptians and Indians.

Furthermore, it’s not a matter of what you do or don’t think about the Greeks (or their gods). Clearly, quite a few people in Hong Kong see this as foreign interference in their culture, specifically in their bank, which they argue should not be about politics, sex or any other such thing.

The lions are in rainbow colors, woah, like Hong Kong didn’t have rainbows before British colonization.

Just because they are rainbow colored, it means they are gay? Now who’s imposing western ideas on others?

Rainbow in Chinese culture is dragons showing themselves. Dragon and lion represents Hong Kong self-governance movement, as seen in this flag:

Like I’ve said before, if the lions are gay, it’s because they are two male lions with a full mane, not because they are rainbow colored.

Those questions don’t answer mine.

Oh yeah, they don’t want foreign culture at a foreign bank! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

“I thought this imperialist foreign devil bank was naturalized after all these decades or centuries or however long it’s been. But it’s still run by foreign devils!” :doh:

They could, of course, ask the government to give the bank an ultimatum: either drop HK and Shanghai from the name, or be nationalized. That would teach them.

Of all the things going on or threatening to happen to Hong Kong, we’re actually having a flame war over gay lions. Displacement, anyone?

Replace the statues with two foo dogs sniffing each other’s butts. That’ll show `em.

Culture is a social construct. Stop appropriating western political correctness.

Oh come on Rowland, we all have to let off steam somehow. Why not with an argument about rainbow lions? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Imagine a parallel universe in which it was the Ottoman Empire, not the British Empire. Instead of two male lions, there are four females and one male. Once in a while someone makes a comment about how lucky Aslan is :howyoudoin: or perhaps how unlucky he is, whatever. But no-one raises a stink about it. The masses admire all five of them, compliment them on their feng shui, and have babies rub their noses for good luck and all that.

Then a cosmetic change occurs that “outs” them as a polygamous family, and suddenly it’s the end of civilization! :runaway: Never mind any historical facts (Turkish or Chinese).

Back in this universe, maybe the historical Stephen & Stitt are turning in their graves, maybe not. We’ll never know. But the “Hey, aren’t they both male?” thing is not new. The first cartoon in my original post appears in the SCMP article but was actually published some time ago and brought back because it was topical.

I have no interest in supporting or opposing any kind of marriage or marriage-like system on the interwebs. I just wanted to share my amusement at this development. I find it amusing in basically the same way that I find it amusing when people in England who want to strip ethnically “non-English” or “non-British” persons of their citizenship don’t like having to discuss the fact that St. George was Middle Eastern.

Everyone knows exactly what the rainbow refers to here.

I have already outlined my position. You’re playing funny leftist games where you pretend not to understand what is abundantly clear. Trying being honest with people.

Really? Do you even know what the lions mean?

I felt like I was playing chess with you, honestly. If you don’t want to make the next move, that’s okay. I know I probably come across as part of a sinister Trudeauvian conspiracy, and I should respect your phobia of that.

I wish you a pleasant day. :bowing:

Everyone knows exactly what the rainbow refers to here, hence the original arguments for and against it quoted within articles by various newspapers and the cartoons Go back and look at post #29.

You weren’t playing chess. In chess, you can’t just pretend that another person’s move didn’t happen.

“What’s your move?”
“I just made my move.”
“No, what’s your move.”
“I just made my move.”
“No, why won’t you tell me what your move is? You haven’t moved.”
“I already did.”
“Look, if you don’t want to make your move and want to be a sore loser, that’s fine.”

Again, you’re being dishonest and passive aggressive, which is not something that men respect. Not sure what Trudeau has to do with this one and I don’t think he has any conspiracies as far as I know. He’s pretty open about being a complete cuck.

The next proper move. As in filling in those blanks.

Dude, if being bowed to and wished a pleasant day makes you feel you’re being passively aggressed upon, my sincere advice is to run as far away from Asia as you possibly can. :bowing: :bowing: :bowing: :bowing: :bowing:

Well, it’s not like people really bow in Taiwan. The “nod with salute” they use when they apologize is pretty cute though. Makes me feel like I’m their superior officer.

I already stated my positions. I didn’t need to restate them. You were playing funny games. You still are.

You were clearly being passive aggressive with your remarks regarding Trudeau and phobia. You’re being so dishonest in this thread.

On the topic of running as far away from Asia as I possibly can, I actually intend to, though not because I haven’t succeeded here. Taiwan has been very good to me in affording me some very lucrative opportunities. I just don’t think that there is much of a future in Taiwan (speaking generally and long term), so I do intend to get out before this place falls in a heap and/or gets taken over by China.