Meeting new people in Taiwan

I am going to be working in Taipei for 5 months from April-August and wondered if anyone could recommend some (perhaps non-bar/club?) places to meet new people in the city. I speak Chinese (albeit badly!) but, since I’ll be here on my own for five months, it would be good to meet people while I’m there. If it’s relevant to any suggestions, I’m a 29 year old British guy.

Red House, Dalida’s has a mixed crowd of local and foreigner (and usually every outside bars there are nice to have a drink and enjoy the warm evening air).
The problem is, most of the time people go out with friends so it’s not easy to meet new people if you are alone, though people are friendly.
Otherwise, you can try some Yoga or Gym.

Hey JC, I think you could go to gym or take mandarin class (if you are available)… It is true that many people go out with their friends, and it won’t be easy to join the groups. however, you could also try the gay dating apps if you are the user. i deleted them when i came back to taiwan, so i can’t tell how’s the gay people here (i guess it’s the same worldwide). anyway, very welcome to taiwan, and i hope you enjoy your stay.