Mel Gibson: Drunken, Anti-Semitic A-Hole

Did you mean Tourette Syndrome?

Shut up! Asshole.

Well this just in from E! Online

[quote]
But Gibson’s legal troubles may pale in comparison to his Hollywood troubles. While Robert Downey Jr. and Tom Sizemore booked jobs even as they posed for booking photos, Gibson is not likely to generate sympathy for his admitted addiction. Not if super-agent Ari Emanuel speaks for the industry.

In a column Monday on the HuffingtonPost.com, Emanuel wrote that he wished Gibson well in battling alcoholism. “But alcoholism does not excuse racism and anti-Semitism,” he wrote.

Emanuel, whose clients have included Larry David and Mark Wahlberg, went onto urge his Hollywood brethren not to work with the A-lister. [/quote]

Oh the shit has just begun to hit the fan for this fool. :noway:

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,19640,00.html?fdmain1

Mentioning Tourette Syndrome surely is stretching it. This is a guy that has spent 1000s of hours in front of a camera without ever facing this battle before. Alcohol is more the factor here, and to be honest, if he was at the point where he was saying stuff like that without realising or caring about it, his driving must have been shocking. :noway:

[quote]“His tirade finally reveals his true self, and shows that his protestations during the debate of his film–that he is such a tolerant, loving, person–were a sham,” ADL national director Abraham H. Foxman said in a statement. “It is unfortunate that it took an excess of booze and an encounter with a traffic cop to reveal what was really in his heart and mind.”

Agent Ari Emanuel, the model for the hardcore Ari Gold on HBO’s Entourage, essentially concurred with Foxman in a blog entry for the HuffingtonPost.com. “Now we know the truth [about Gibson],” he wrote Monday. “And no amount of publicist-approved contrition can paper it over.”

Chimed in writer-director Nora Ephron in her own HuffingtonPost.com column: “Let’s just stop to savor the moment when (in case there was any doubt about it) there’s finally proof positive about how Mel really feels.”

Upping the ante, Emanuel called for a Hollywood boycott of Gibson.

“People in the entertainment community, whether Jew or gentile, need to demonstrate that they understand how much is at stake in this by professionally shunning Mel Gibson and refusing to work with him, even if it means a sacrifice to their bottom line,” Emanuel urged. [/quote]

More Mel Mess Up

Indeed. It’s probably safe to assume that he had ingested more than just booze. Some kind of other medication was probably involved. Those Hollowood types are addicted to prescription medication for whatever they think ails them. Shocking degenerates, all.

It was just on the newsbar that he’s off to rehab. So you know he feels the heat is on. He’ll be cured in no time at at all, let loose for more abuse…

I bet he has a whole squad of publicists, and platoons of lawyers, working the phones around the clock…

Nama X :beatnik: apologizes for being away. I’ve been watching “The Sopranos” :smiley:

Had he used the N word it wouldn’t have much impact as his statements about Jews. Unfortunately, the race card would have been played into action, our tired ‘leaders’ Jesse and the Rev. would have come out to blast away on their loudspeakers talking about a boycott. Heck, Spike may have even pipped in from that cave he’s been in for awhile. There would have been a week of media ‘discussions’, Fox news would have their “Jerry Springer” style debates with leading community activists and Black Hollywood “insiders” out talking each other. All the while the lovely talented and untalented actors and producers go about with their lives-getting their botox shots, eating over-priced sushi, and staring at fake tits.

What’s the message here? Blacks don’t have the collective strength that Jews have. Jews call a boycott and you feel it. Blacks, unfortunately but too often true, hem and haw and go on because of factions that still exist in the community.

Use of the N word probably would get Mel a rap record deal faster than a boycott.

Nama X :beatnik:

I love it when celebrities flip out like that and let their carefully controlled media image crack to expose the real person underneath. Meltdowns like Mel’s should happen more often. I’m Mel isn’t the only racist in Hollywood. Wouldn’t it be great to get (to use one example) George Bush drunk, heckle him until he explodes into a nasty tirade exposing all of his dark, politically incorrect thoughts, and catch it all on camera? Celebrities should be encouraged to get drunk and/or high more often, and in the presence of the media. Show us how you really feel!

For those with long memories, this reminds me of the Elvis Costello incident, when he drunkenly slurred that “Ray Charles is nothing but a blind, ignorant n*gger.” Which he obviously didn’t mean sincerely, but destroyed any potential shot at superstardom in the U.S. when radio stations banned his records from airplay in the aftermath of the incident. And like people have pointed out, it is true that Hollywood is an industry dominated by lots of Jews, so Mel just shot the rest of his career in the foot. Wish I could feel sorry for the guy - I mean, we’ve all said stupid stuff when we’re drunk, who among us hasn’t? - but he’s a bigoted religious fanatic, misogynist who thinks his own wife is going to hell for belonging to the wrong church. And he makes crap movies.

He’s Mel Frickin’ Gibson.
He’ll be back, but it might take some time.
Stupid drunk comments, but I think this should, and will blow over.

Easily the biggest among all his sins.

What’s the difference between his Mad Max trilogy, “Braveheart,” “The Patriot,” and “TPOTC?” ANS: Not enough.

Although I have to admit I loved “Signs.”

Elvis “King of America” Costello said that about Ray Charles? :astonished:

I once heard him complain about the UK saying it was full of mindless vanadals that kept scrathcing his Rolls Royce.

They maybe Jewish, but they also like money and while Mel continues to pack them in, I suspect it will all prove to be a storm in a tea cup. Out of rehab, photo ops with loads of Jewish friends and back to it.

HG

True. According to the below article, on Monday Disney cancelled a planned collaboration with Mel on a Holocaust mini-series), but Mel’s PR machine is in full gear and he’s already lining up those photo ops.

[quote]Faced with growing outrage over his anti-Semitic remarks when arrested last week, Mel Gibson offered a second apology, this time specifically begging the forgiveness of Jews and asking for meetings with Jewish leaders who might help him find “the appropriate path for healing.”

The new statement, issued today, followed an earlier apology that acknowledged “despicable” remarks, but never specifically mentioned their anti-Jewish tenor.

“There is no excuse, nor should there be any tolerance, for anyone who thinks or expresses any kind of anti-Semitic remark,” Mr. Gibson said in today’s statement . . .

The star went on to say he wished “to take it one step further,” and meet with Jewish leaders for a “one-on-one discussion.”[/quote]
nytimes.com/2006/08/01/busin … r=homepage

Mel in the bar before he was arrested.

What would make him make these statements? Maybe having some drinks with Lebanese/Arab friends over dinner earlier that night or recently, sympathising with their homeland’s plight-Israel attacking it-and they were discussing Jews-war, the fact he must act as if he likes them in Hollywood, etc, then he was pissed off and driving fast.

He’s Mel Gibson, I’m sure he’ll make a decent fightback…he’s already started…

As for all the statements against him in the industry-many of them are from Jewish sounding names. Considering Israel’s trackrecord when given their own state, I’m not rushing to stick up for their sullied image.

Dude, where’ve you been? Bush doesn’t need to get drunk anymore to do that. He just needs food and Blair near by. Hello, the recent mike incident.??!?!?!

[quote=“cfimages”]

[/quote]

I’m GOD and she shall know my glory…

If he didn’t have a beard before he was arrested, how did he manage to looking like a yeti in his booking photos?

Josefus wrote [quote]If he didn’t have a beard before he was arrested, how did he manage to looking like a yeti in his booking photos?[/quote]
A yeti? What are you talking about? Are you one of these blokes who only need to shave twice a month?

And I suppose one of his advisors has told him to meet with Jewish leaders to quicken his recovery.
<scoff>.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N01218594.htm
According to Gibson:[quote]“I’m not just asking for forgiveness. I would like to take it one step further, and meet with leaders in the Jewish community, with whom I can have a one-on-one discussion to discern the appropriate path for healing,” he said.[/quote]

And the bullshit detector is screaming…

A yeti? What are you talking about? Are you one of these blokes who only need to shave twice a month?[/quote]

Are you kidding me? Did you see the photos?
Or perhaps you just consider this to be a light scruff?