Men's cufflinks?

Preferably silver and nice. They are a holiday gift for my husband.

Also, this is a silly question, but are there any cufflink dos and don’ts? Are they ever “too dressy”? Can they be worn withou a tie? He only wears a jacket for special occasions, otherwise, it’s a dress shirt and sweater or sweater vest.

Thanks in advance.

Let me return a favour.
My wife got me a gorgeous Sterling tiebar and cufflinks set from Georg (sic) Jensen, they have at least one shop in either the oldest or second oldest Mitsukoshi in the Land of a Hundred Mitsukoshis across from Warner Village.
They’re on the ground floor in with the makeup and jewelery places.
They also used to have a location in the Howard Plaza on Jen Ai.
Seems they’re Danish, I think, and only do silver.
I’ve never heard of rules for cufflinks, as long as you have the cuffs for 'em (and the class :wink: ).

Tiffany also has some very tasteful, simple, silver cuff links, but check Georg Jensen first; their designs are usually pretty interesting.

I’d wear cuff links without wearing a jacket, but only if I was wearing a tie; something about an open collar that makes me fold the cuffs of my sleeves up twice just below the elbow when I’m wearing a dress shirt…

[quote=“citizen k”]Tiffany also has some very tasteful, simple, silver cuff links, but check Georg Jensen first; their designs are usually pretty interesting.

I’d wear cuff links without wearing a jacket, but only if I was wearing a tie; something about an open collar that makes me fold the cuffs of my sleeves up twice just below the elbow when I’m wearing a dress shirt…[/quote]

Old-time hockey!!
Start the lawn mower!!

Thanks for the tips, guys! I’ll check these places out this week.

And while you are at Warner Villa. There is a very expensive and weird place that sells “Mr. P” and other trendy things in the mall under the theatres. In the area that they renovated, in the back near the cr

Thanks! I get it. I saw that he’d picked up a pair of inexpensive ones so now I know what they look like. I think he’ll enjoy getting a “nice” pair.

according to some of my lady friends, gold is hard to pull off for guys. either its very pimp and gaudy and you end up being a rapper or looking like a big fat old balding chinese mainlander…sorry (i know i am generalizing)…

so gold is doable but silver platinum is safer.

of course if he looks like brad pitt than anything will look good

Hey Braxton,

I got my hubby a pair last year from Mitsugoshi, I think Sogo mens floor also had them. Both places had a large selection from different designers but do check hubby’s shirts. After I got J. his I realized he only had one shirt he could use them with!

[quote=“piwackit”]Hey Braxton,

I got my hubby a pair last year from Mitsugoshi, I think Sogo mens floor also had them. Both places had a large selection from different designers but do check hubby’s shirts. After I got J. his I realized he only had one shirt he could use them with![/quote]

Perfect excuse to have him some shirts made, as well! :wink:

[quote=“citizen k”][quote=“piwackit”]Hey Braxton,

I got my hubby a pair last year from Mitsugoshi, I think Sogo mens floor also had them. Both places had a large selection from different designers but do check hubby’s shirts. After I got J. his I realized he only had one shirt he could use them with![/quote]

Perfect excuse to have him some shirts made, as well! :wink:[/quote]

Yes, he’s got several new shirts that call for cufflinks and I thought having some new shirts made for his bday would be a good idea.

The man takes up nearly ten times the storage space I do for clothes–there’s something wrong with this picture… :ponder:

[quote=“braxtonhicks”][quote=“citizen k”][quote=“piwackit”]Hey Braxton,

Perfect excuse to have him some shirts made, as well! :wink:[/quote]

Yes, he’s got several new shirts that call for cufflinks and I thought having some new shirts made for his bday would be a good idea.

The man takes up nearly ten times the storage space I do for clothes–there’s something wrong with this picture… :ponder:[/quote]

Tell me about :unamused: Same situation in our house :slight_smile:

Actually after I bought him the cufflinks he got some shirts made himself and now whenever I buy him a new shirt I look at the cuffs.

By the way Braxton, I was at Mitsukoshi today and bought some at 50% off the regular 3500nt price.

Does anyone have addresses for where I can find Georg Jensen’s stores in Taiwan? Those cufflinks sounds just like what I need, but no idea where GJ can be found. :stuck_out_tongue:

Google is your friend.

Georg Jensen
142 Jen-Ai Road Sec.3
Da-an District
Taipei 106
Taiwan
T +886 2 2707 0960

Breeze Center
1F, 39, Fu-Shin S. Road, Sec. 1
Songshan District
Teipei 105
Taiwan
T +886 2 8772 2165
F +886 2 8772 2163

Retail Store
Georg Jensen
D.Y. Takashimaya Department Store
1F, 55, Sec. 2, Chung-Cheng Road
Shih-Lin District
Teipei 111
Taiwan
T +886 2 2831 5207
F +886 2 2831 5207

Georg Jensen
Regent Galleria,
B2, 3, Lane 39,Chung-San N.Road, Sec.2
Chung-San District
Taipei 104
Taiwan
T +886 2 2511 1771

Georg Jensen
Shin Kong Mitsukoshi Hsin Yi Store
1F, No.12, Songgao Road
Sinyi District
Teipei 110
Taiwan
T +886 2 8788 3744
F +886 2 2345 5884

Retail Store
Georg Jensen
SOGO Fushing
1F, No. 300, Sec 3, Chungxiao East Rd.
Da-an District
Taipei 106
Taiwan
T +886 2 8772 3934

Pity you can’t get to China, because you can pick up excellent copies of all branded cufflinks for around Rmb30 a pair. I can’t see any reason on earth to pay a squillion for the real things.

HG

My girlfriend always uses this site to check brands before she goes shopping: http://www.emma.com.tw/

Here’s the page for Georg Jensen:
http://www.emma.com.tw/brands/stores/73

[quote=“michael_half”]My girlfriend always uses this site to check brands before she goes shopping: http://www.emma.com.tw/

Here’s the page for Georg Jensen:
http://www.emma.com.tw/brands/stores/73[/quote]

Thanks Michael, this Emma site lists all the GJ stores. Unlike Google that only listed stores in the north. Sweeeet!

Yeah, she actually gets some sort of email notification every time there’s a sale in her favorite department store (to my disdain)…