Men's urinals

This is going to sound funny, but if you think about it, it’s true.

Who designs the mens bathrooms in Taiwan lol. It’s as it’s made by a group of gay dudes with a pee fetish.

Mirrors everywhere. EVERYWHERE. With angles to see dudes junk from every angle, from walking in to peeing - the entire journey.

The stalls have high walls to the floor and spacious, but the urinals are buddy buddy shoulder-to-shoulder, no walls in between, ultra low urinals. It’s as if you’re about to have a sword fight competition with the dudes next to you. You try to look away, but mirrors. You try to mind your own business, but closeness and lack of walls. You try to close your eyes, instead, but then you look like you’re enjoying your pee a little too much.

:joy:

The fancier the place, the more this applies. What’s up with this?

5 Likes

Taiwan has terrible urinal etiquette. Taiwanese always stand right next to me when there are tons of urinals on the other side. Why do they insist on getting so close to me?

4 Likes
1 Like

I haven’t experienced any mirrors around urinals. They are usually at the sinks.

My main concern is urinals that are in full view of the doorway where women and girls are walking by.

3 Likes

Taiwan

11 Likes

that’s just a bro code violation

3 Likes

They talk too!

4 Likes

The 主任 at school – God bless him – did that once. We were headed out for some document related stuff and I have to use the bathroom and while I’m pissing he’s confirming I’ve got my passport and photos. We have a 20 minute drive ahead of us but this needs immediate confirmation?!

3 Likes

Wouldn’t it be a little too late if he confirmed with you while already on the road?

There’s a bathroom at the riverside park near NTU, that had dividers between urinals that were removed. I have no idea why.

They use their phone, too, holding very low like they’re taking a pic of your junk.

5 Likes

Hahahaha this

I’m guessing to increase the width of the passageway for those in wheelchairs?

Nope.
It’s done to make it easier and faster to just hose it all down when cleaning.

2 Likes

This hasn’t been my experience in Kaoshiung at all

Nor this

But this, 100%. There’s a ground level urinal I use sometimes that has an open window even. I always watch the people passing while I’m going and nobody ever seems to look. People aren’t looking around anyways so i guess it is a non issue…

2 Likes

When Taiwanese walk, drive, or just move about it’s like they are on autopilot except with a broken camera or sensor, because it’s like they simply do not watch wherever they are going.

3 Likes

I remember once we are at a gathering held in a public facility and my wife is in corridor and passes by men’s room with door open and there I am with my back to her taking a leak! Yes that is the strange thing about urinals here, people see you doing your business as they walk by.
Sometimes the mirrors are set up so that mirror reflects on to the urinals. That is poor design

1 Like

Oh yeah, Taiwanese tunnel vision. Look straight ahead and down at a 45 degree angle. Makes sense, since danger doesn’t exist if you can’t see it. Same concept when mopeds shoot out of tiny alleys onto the main road at 60 mph without looking. I value my life more to do these things, personally.

Yeah someone earlier said Kaohsiung doesn’t have this, but it’s all over Taipei. Fancier places has more. Movie theaters seem to have a ton, too.

…even look…then talk…

I sometimes just use the squatter to pee if its busy. somehow shit water and pee splashes on my feet is still more preferable than autistic people being rude as f*ck around my junk.

Those people really needed parents while growing up…