Mexican drug cartels with 100,000 SOLDIERS

[quote=“Okami”]Haha Lbksig, while I got pwned on the tobacco thing I can pawn you on the marijuana thing. :wink: I didn’t know they changed the laws.

[quote=“Lbksig”]So while its true the stuff can grow just about anywhere, if you want to get any kind of serious yield you need to obsessively take care of the plant. Just look when they bust growing operations in Taiwan or elsewhere. There are usually lots of high power lights, hydroponic systems, controlled ventilation systems, etc etc. These controlled environments are required to get the THC levels high in the plant, which is why one would smoke it in the first place. The common, grow anywhere variety has low levels of THC and won’t affect you the same way a potent strain would. No one wants the common variety, they want the potent variety.[/quote]Actually it comes down to genetics AND growing environment. Trust me when I say if it could be grown outside it would be and the only reason they grow it indoors is because of cost to price ratio. When you can sell lettuce for $10US a gram then you’ll see lettuce being grown indoors like marijuana. Currently Holland rules in genetics with British Columbia, Canada running a distant second.

The reason they use high powered lights instead of cheap flourescents is that more light= more growth. Those lights generate a lot of heat though and you generally want to keep the plants at 85F with the water at 68F. The ventilation controls room temp and helps with plant perspiration which is really really important. If a hydroponic farm is failing, like the hydroponic farm in Changhua I saw and everything else is correct then it is probably ventilation. Then you need to aerate the hydroponic solution for hardcore methods such as DWC while constantly recirculating the solution. They use most of these methods because it increases growth rate not potency and when you are retailing at $10US+ a gram, time is money.

That’s why we are seeing national parks and Indian reservations beginning to get invaded by armed gangs that grow marijuana during the proper time. They also pulled off a day time hit in LA and Phoenix has the 2nd highest kidnapping rate after Mexico City.

Personally I say treat them as non-uniformed insurgency and execute them on the spot because that’s the way they are acting.[/quote]

One of the reasons they call it weed is that back home in the Tropics it really growns anywhere and anywhere.

I remember a very famous plant that suddenly started growing in front of one of our national universities gates. Didn’t last long, though. :laughing:

In regards with mafa, I’d wish it could be legalized and used for paper and fabrics, then. Ecological, cheap, versatile.

Problem as always is not the natural stuff. I mean, coca was used for centuries. Treat it with chemicals, get crack, and all hell gets loose. sigh

I wonder if drugs ever become legalized, what would be next, then? What would be teh next source of income?

How many they got left now? 70 000? Seems like a truck load of those hoodlums are getting killed every week!