Mexican drug cartels with 100,000 SOLDIERS

Tainan Cowboy -
yeesh it was a dumb question. I read about some of the weapons these cartels have. Mother of God, they have everything except tanks and planes.

Ibskig - I am with you on the mindboggling. How are they getting huge quantities of battlefield weapons from Russia to Mexico? Submarines? Ships?

The Mexican cartels trade cocaine for weed in B.C. That’s the reason for all the recent gang violence in Vancouver. Mexican drug cartels have taken over weed production in the Pacific Northeast in America and will be running Vancouver soon.

[quote=“Chuanzao El Ale Destroyer”]Tainan Cowboy -
yeesh it was a dumb question. I read about some of the weapons these cartels have. Mother of God, they have everything except tanks and planes.

Ibskig - I am with you on the mindboggling. How are they getting huge quantities of battlefield weapons from Russia to Mexico? Submarines? Ships?

The Mexican cartels trade cocaine for weed in B.C. That’s the reason for all the recent gang violence in Vancouver. Mexican drug cartels have taken over weed production in the Pacific Northeast in America and will be running Vancouver soon.[/quote]

I would assume they get an arms smuggler to do it for them. Someone like Viktor Bout or Leonid Minin. It isn’t difficult to get AK-47’s in many areas of the world, just that the US is closer than shipping it from the Middle East, Central Asia, Africa or Russia.

I would assume that they send arms via ship or aircraft. Maybe they are smuggled over the borders. If cocaine and immigrants can make it through Mexico’s borders then guns could too. Like has been pointed out the cartels have a huge amount of cash. They can bribe or buy whatever they want.

[quote=“lbksig”][quote=“Chuanzao El Ale Destroyer”]Tainan Cowboy -

The Mexican cartels trade cocaine for weed in B.C. That’s the reason for all the recent gang violence in Vancouver. Mexican drug cartels have taken over weed production in the Pacific Northeast in America and will be running Vancouver soon.[/quote]

I would assume they get an arms smuggler to do it for them. Someone like Viktor Bout or Leonid Minin. It isn’t difficult to get AK-47’s in many areas of the world, just that the US is closer than shipping it from the Middle East, Central Asia, Africa or Russia.

I would assume that they send arms via ship or aircraft. Maybe they are smuggled over the borders. If cocaine and immigrants can make it through Mexico’s borders then guns could too. Like has been pointed out the cartels have a huge amount of cash. They can bribe or buy whatever they want.[/quote]

Froggers. And the Russians will be setting an airbase in an island off the coast of Venezuela -thanks, Hugito. Me no likey.

By the way, those submarines, some are sophisticated, most are home-made buckets ridden by “volunteers” -guys who have been kidnapped into those tin cans. Then, if caught, no one can trace them. As if they cared… Plus those guys are expendable, too dangerous for their own people.

And as to the traffic of souls, as we call it in Spanish, every month or so 200 to 300 people are lucky enough to be found by Coast Guards, abandoned by snakeheads from Asia. If they get ashore, they must go up all the way from South America to the Rio Grande crossing by land… Lots of Chinese, most South East Asian, even from Nepal.

what if the King of England shows up and tries to kick you out of your home?[/quote]

Damnit your right! They should write up a document, or amend whatever they have now, and make sure that dark evil satan never gets the chance to come back!! Otherwise the wifery will never be able to sleep soundly and so many older men would have nothing to talk about or give up religion for!

How many of the weapons in this video are Chinese weapons?

WARNING NOT GORY BUT LOUD MEXICAN MUSIC AND PROLLY NSFW

youtube.com/watch?v=cJ54lE0T … re=related

I think a lot are from China.

Now B.C. is getting involved. This war is going to span the entire continent before it’s over, if it is ever over.
so sad.

google.com/hostednews/canadi … q1SfpJm66Q

[quote]Top B.C. and Mexican law enforcement officials meet to fight drug gangs
2 days ago

VICTORIA, B.C. — Criminal gangs don’t pay attention to international borders, a fact that spurred a meeting Monday between the attorneys general of British Columbia and the northern Mexican state of Baja California looking for ways to fight the trans-national gang network.

Baja California’s Rommel Moreno Manjarrez and B.C.'s Wally Oppal signed a statement of intent Monday pledging to share information to fight drug-trafficking gangs who kill to protect their turf.

The information-sharing statement could ultimately lead to B.C. justice officials working in Mexico to help catch and jail gang members, they said.

“At this moment our experience is the state’s 250 port cities were attacked by the Mexican (drug) cartels,” said Manjarrez.

“We’re trying to find some path to collaborate with Canadians. We know we are now in a kind of a war. We are trying to help and at the same time receive help.”’

Oppal said the criminal gangs have cocaine, marijuana and weapons trafficking connections reaching into Western Canada, the United States and south to Mexico.
[/quote]

[quote]“I’m not sure that flooding northern Mexico with lawyers is going to solve the problem,” he said. “Our concern is really how we stem the flow of cocaine into Canada.”

Gordon said cocaine-trafficking routes are well established and spread from deep in South America to Mexico, the United States and into Canada.
[/quote]

:cry: The party is over. :boo-hoo:

Man, this is getting uglier. (BBC link here) Even U.S. consular staff and families aren’t safe anymore.

[quote]Three people linked to US consulate in Mexico killed

The three victims died in drive-by shootings in two separate attacks
Suspected drug cartel hit squads gunned down three people connected to the US consulate in the Mexican border city of Ciudad Juarez, a US official says.[/quote]

[quote]A relative has identified the American couple as 35-year-old Lesley Enriquez and her husband Arthur Redelf, 34, of El Paso, Texas. Their one-year-old baby was found unharmed in the back seat.

In the second attack, gunmen opened fire on the car belonging to the husband of a Mexican consulate employee. They killed the man and wounded his two children, the official said. [/quote]

Monsters.

[quote] the US has authorised employees at some consulates to send family members out of the area.

The six consulates are in the border cities of Tijuana, Nogales, Ciudad Juarez, Nuevo Laredo, Monterrey and Matamoros. [/quote]

Wow. Even Monterrey is seen as risky. That hits home for me (having lived there for 5 years; and my brother and his family of 7 lived there very recently).

[quote]Mexico is battling a drug war that has killed some 18,000 people since 2006.

Ciudad Juarez is a major flashpoint in the battle between Mexican drug gangs over trafficking routes to the US. More than 2,600 people were murdered there in drug-related violence last year alone. [/quote]

:noway: What’s the solution here?

[quote]What’s the solution here?[/quote]Nothing politically expedient without screams of imperialism all over the leftist parts of the world. The chickens have come home to roost. These people are worshipping death now, literally like in Mary’s outfit only with a skeleton instead of Mary.

I’d say they should ask the US Marines at this point.

[quote=“Okami”][quote]What’s the solution here?[/quote]Nothing politically expedient without screams of imperialism all over the leftist parts of the world. The chickens have come home to roost. These people are worshipping death now, literally like in Mary’s outfit only with a skeleton instead of Mary.

I’d say they should ask the US marines at this point.[/quote]

And turn Mexico into another Colombia? Army vs. insurgents does not end well… especially for civilians caught in the middle.

The beginning of the violence was teh competition between those two blocks for the lion’s share of the market. They bribed and bought most of Central America’s politicians, cops, immigration and customs officers. Now, if the idea was that they would restrict their fighting to themselves a la good old style mafia, well… Now it’s gone political at an international level, and as we say in Spanish, they are holding the pan by the handle.

Don’t ask me what to do to solve this. But surely the last thing I wanna see are my cousins who survived Irak being sent to another urban war in Mexico. I mean, what are they going to bomb? How are they going to find this people if they are infiltrated so well into society, not only in Mexico but going all the way down to South America?

I wonder what would happen to the cartels if people were allowed to grow their own. :ponder:

The market collapses, as you saw with end of Prohibition in the US. When you couldn’t buy booze legally, the Italian/Sicilian Mafia (plus families like the Kennedy’s) made huge amounts of money bringing it in illegally. With that came power, corruption and gang warfare. When Prohibition was lifted, and companies could make alcohol again legally, the price dropped. Competition (plus minimum safety regulations) increased the quality while decreasing the price. Anyone could start up a new company making a legal product for American households to consume.

There’s no reason why that model wouldn’t work in the US for marijuana, which is the bulk of the Mexican cartel’s industry. Home growers could make their own for personal consumption, but they wouldn’t be able to compete with commercial growers. Think Marlboro style Marijuana. You can grow your own tobacco, but it’s much more cost effective to purchase cigarettes from the corner store. You don’t have to plant the tobacco, wait for it to grow, harvest it, dry it out, process it, chop it finely, buy rolling papers, etc. The same thing for marijuana. Why grow it yourself at higher cost and have to wait if you can go buy it in 15 minutes from Walgreens.

Competition between major companies, with doesn’t need to even include the current tobacco companies, will drive down the price. It won’t be profitable for cartels to move the product into the US illegally if it’s already a legal product that you can get at a pharmacy. The illegality of Marijuana is why there is a premium paid for it. That premium is why people are using guns, instead marketing majors, to fight over it.

[quote=“Icon”]And turn Mexico into another Colombia? Army vs. insurgents does not end well… especially for civilians caught in the middle.[/quote]It’s already there and Colombia, while no one’s dream destination. has become much safer while neighboring Venezuela has seen a 400% increase in crime. Counter insurgency is hard and requires a lot of counter intuitive thinking. It’s not going to be a walk in the park, but without real on the street presence and a zero tolerance policy to violence along with community involvement, it’s just going to get worse. At the rate it’s going I have a hard time imagining how it can get any worse.

Also when you talk about Mexico drug cartels, you’re talking about a lot of different drugs from heroin, cocaine, methamphetamine, and marijuana along with their own local distribution networks. They already grow opium poppies and I’m willing to bet that they make everything necessary for methamphetamine. Then you have the Mexican and Central American special forces that serve as their elite gunmen and assassins. The sad thing is that the Americans have warned them about this for decades and they have consistently thumbed their noses at us saying it is all our fault and nothing bad will happen to them.

[quote=“Lbksig”]There’s no reason why that model wouldn’t work in the US for marijuana, which is the bulk of the Mexican cartel’s industry. Home growers could make their own for personal consumption, but they wouldn’t be able to compete with commercial growers. Think Marlboro style Marijuana. You can grow your own tobacco, but it’s much more cost effective to purchase cigarettes from the corner store. You don’t have to plant the tobacco, wait for it to grow, harvest it, dry it out, process it, chop it finely, buy rolling papers, etc. The same thing for marijuana. Why grow it yourself at higher cost and have to wait if you can go buy it in 15 minutes from Walgreens.[/quote]I want what you’re smoking because you need a license to have tobacco seeds and I believe another one just to grow tobacco in the US from the ATF. You can not go to Johnnyseeds.com and get your tobacco seeds. It is highly restricted. Tobacco also has to be cured and harvested properly. It’s not an easy crop and incredibly hard on the soil.

Personally I’d love to see some sane form of legalization that avoids the FUBAR that is the Dutch experiment, where it is illegal to grow so product must be sourced from/through criminal gangs. The Dutch govt was about to get into marijuana farming the last I heard.

[quote=“Okami”]
I want what you’re smoking because you need a license to have tobacco seeds and I believe another one just to grow tobacco in the US from the ATF. You can not go to Johnnyseeds.com and get your tobacco seeds. It is highly restricted. Tobacco also has to be cured and harvested properly. It’s not an easy crop and incredibly hard on the soil.

Personally I’d love to see some sane form of legalization that avoids the FUBAR that is the Dutch experiment, where it is illegal to grow so product must be sourced from/through criminal gangs. The Dutch govt was about to get into marijuana farming the last I heard.[/quote]

Are you sure about the tobacco seeds? I thought they ended the quota program back in 2005 which made it legal to grow your own. I found dozens of websites that would sell me seeds but there may be individual state laws restricting sales. Here’s a how to guide by the University of Florida and here’s what the feds say about it:

[quote=“Tobacco Trade and Tax Bureau”]
T16: If I grow tobacco, do I need a license or permit from the TTB?

TTB does not license, or require a permit for, growing tobacco. In addition, TTB does not regulate the sale of tobaccos that are not tobacco products. The U.S. Department of Agriculture may regulate the growing and sale of such tobacco. You may find additional information from the U.S. Farm Service Agency. [/quote]

The comparison with tobacco may not be the best so use beer instead. You can brew your own beer legally in the US as long as its for personal consumption. If you think people will enjoy the IPA you make as a hobby you can get a license, start a business and supply the market. That’s how I envision the best way to for marijuana too. Allowing hobbyists to grow won’t make a dent in the market because of scale and time required. If they make under a specific amount for personal consumption, or to share with friends, fine. If they make commercial quantities, they have to pay taxes on it. Budweiser and Coors don’t blow each others trucks up to get better market share. The Mexican drug cartels do blow each other up which restricts supply and raises prices. US Police nabs truckloads of it and destroys it, further driving up prices. Legalizing MJ will cut out a large portion of the cartel’s business without having to support hard stuff that really has health implications (meth, H and Coke).

[quote=“Okami”][quote=“Icon”]And turn Mexico into another Colombia? Army vs. insurgents does not end well… especially for civilians caught in the middle.[/quote]It’s already there and Colombia, while no one’s dream destination. has become much safer while neighboring Venezuela has seen a 400% increase in crime. Counter insurgency is hard and requires a lot of counter intuitive thinking. It’s not going to be a walk in the park, but without real on the street presence and a zero tolerance policy to violence along with community involvement, it’s just going to get worse. At the rate it’s going I have a hard time imagining how it can get any worse.

Also when you talk about Mexico drug cartels, you’re talking about a lot of different drugs from heroin, cocaine, methamphetamine, and marijuana along with their own local distribution networks. They already grow opium poppies and I’m willing to bet that they make everything necessary for methamphetamine. Then you have the Mexican and Central American special forces that serve as their elite gunmen and assassins. The sad thing is that the Americans have warned them about this for decades and they have consistently thumbed their noses at us saying it is all our fault and nothing bad will happen to them.

[quote=“Lbksig”]There’s no reason why that model wouldn’t work in the US for marijuana, which is the bulk of the Mexican cartel’s industry. Home growers could make their own for personal consumption, but they wouldn’t be able to compete with commercial growers. Think Marlboro style Marijuana. You can grow your own tobacco, but it’s much more cost effective to purchase cigarettes from the corner store. You don’t have to plant the tobacco, wait for it to grow, harvest it, dry it out, process it, chop it finely, buy rolling papers, etc. The same thing for marijuana. Why grow it yourself at higher cost and have to wait if you can go buy it in 15 minutes from Walgreens.[/quote]I want what you’re smoking because you need a license to have tobacco seeds and I believe another one just to grow tobacco in the US from the ATF. You can not go to Johnnyseeds.com and get your tobacco seeds. It is highly restricted. Tobacco also has to be cured and harvested properly. It’s not an easy crop and incredibly hard on the soil.

Personally I’d love to see some sane form of legalization that avoids the FUBAR that is the Dutch experiment, where it is illegal to grow so product must be sourced from/through criminal gangs. The Dutch govt was about to get into marijuana farming the last I heard.[/quote]

The thing is that teh fighting in Colombia has been going on for over 40 years, and it is in the last 20 where drugs and robo-lucion got mixed up… with disastrous consequences.

Any advance made by teh army has been paid dearly in blood, and still to this day, theend in sight is more due to fatigue rather than real success.

Moreover, just like in Central America, the issues that drove people to the jungle, extyreme ideoogies, and illegal activities, remains the same: poverty, social inequality, blocked access to education and freedom due to caste-like mentality, racial discrimination, and the rest of the etceteras that plague our countries. Basically, you have a elite that is more than quite confortable with the way things are. Hell, they are making a big profit, keeping all the money while others die, putting the drug money of the carteles into the so-called “emerging market stocks” -makes me laugh every time I hear someone saying what a great investment they are.

In summary, the high levels of crime are just a new expression of the civil wars that have been going on and will keep on and on. In Venezuela’s case, it is so high because it is State-patronized: a way to get rid of political opponents without internal/international retaliation, a escape valve for the pressure of the lowclass masses, a tool to get what they want and to do what they want fast. As I said, it is a winning proposition, why change it?

We were taught a very “marxist” view of history, with the economy molding the society in acertain way, which hereby produced a particular political organization based on these factors. hence, with an economy still based in latifundios, monopolies, mercantilism, clientism, and the rest of that ism jazz, the only way to live is like that.

I imagined they just blew people up, and stole the cargo to sell themselves, which would not restrict supply.

Really? I had assumed that growing your own is cheaper. (I’m pretty ignorant of pot practices, prices, etc., as I don’t partake.) Or perhaps it’s cheaper to grown your own now, but wouldn’t be after legalization? Anyway, I can’t see how planting a few seeds in soil and waiting for it to grow would involve any significant expense.

I imagined they just blew people up, and stole the cargo to sell themselves, which would not restrict supply.
[/quote]

Err that’s a good point :ponder:. I would guess that a cartel would act as a monopoly and make more money when there is less supply. If cartel A destroys cartel B’s supply, then cartel A can sell without competition. All monopolies makes money by restricting supply and selling less, not more.

[quote=“Dragonbones”]

Really? I had assumed that growing your own is cheaper. (I’m pretty ignorant of pot practices, prices, etc., as I don’t partake.) Or perhaps it’s cheaper to grown your own now, but wouldn’t be after legalization? Anyway, I can’t see how planting a few seeds in soil and waiting for it to grow would involve any significant expense.[/quote]

It’s cheaper to grow your own now as long as the price is artificially high due to its illegality. Growing your own takes time and there is an element of risk involved (the police find you, someone robs you, the plants die, etc). If it was legal, there would be commercial enterprises who would want to supply the market. At first there would only be one legal company taking all the profits but then others would see profit and jump in. Each additional company drives down the price until it reaches some sort of equilibrium where the cost of the equipment plus electricity plus water equals the sales total. It won’t be a perfectly competitive environment but it will be close, there will be lots of variety, etc. High capital costs for the equipment and low returns will drive out the amateurs and you’ll be left with the Wal-marts of Marijuana.

So while its true the stuff can grow just about anywhere, if you want to get any kind of serious yield you need to obsessively take care of the plant. Just look when they bust growing operations in Taiwan or elsewhere. There are usually lots of high power lights, hydroponic systems, controlled ventilation systems, etc etc. These controlled environments are required to get the THC levels high in the plant, which is why one would smoke it in the first place. The common, grow anywhere variety has low levels of THC and won’t affect you the same way a potent strain would. No one wants the common variety, they want the potent variety.

Does that make a bit more sense? As long as it’s illegal, the price for it will be artificially high. That means there will be criminals who fight for control of the trade and use the profits to support their personal armies. If you legalize it, you undercut the price and then cartel’s can’t support their payroll anymore (overly simplified but you get the point).

Haha Lbksig, while I got pwned on the tobacco thing I can pawn you on the marijuana thing. :wink: I didn’t know they changed the laws.

[quote=“Lbksig”]So while its true the stuff can grow just about anywhere, if you want to get any kind of serious yield you need to obsessively take care of the plant. Just look when they bust growing operations in Taiwan or elsewhere. There are usually lots of high power lights, hydroponic systems, controlled ventilation systems, etc etc. These controlled environments are required to get the THC levels high in the plant, which is why one would smoke it in the first place. The common, grow anywhere variety has low levels of THC and won’t affect you the same way a potent strain would. No one wants the common variety, they want the potent variety.[/quote]Actually it comes down to genetics AND growing environment. Trust me when I say if it could be grown outside it would be and the only reason they grow it indoors is because of cost to price ratio. When you can sell lettuce for $10US a gram then you’ll see lettuce being grown indoors like marijuana. Currently Holland rules in genetics with British Columbia, Canada running a distant second.

The reason they use high powered lights instead of cheap flourescents is that more light= more growth. Those lights generate a lot of heat though and you generally want to keep the plants at 85F with the water at 68F. The ventilation controls room temp and helps with plant perspiration which is really really important. If a hydroponic farm is failing, like the hydroponic farm in Changhua I saw and everything else is correct then it is probably ventilation. Then you need to aerate the hydroponic solution for hardcore methods such as DWC while constantly recirculating the solution. They use most of these methods because it increases growth rate not potency and when you are retailing at $10US+ a gram, time is money.

That’s why we are seeing national parks and indian reservations beginning to get invaded by armed gangs that grow marijuana during the proper time. They also pulled off a day time hit in LA and Phoenix has the 2nd highest kidnapping rate after Mexico City.

Personally I say treat them as non-uniformed insurgency and execute them on the spot because that’s the way they are acting.

Mehico is so fucking corrupt and eat up with narco-trifficantes that if I start posting links to news and intel articles on here I’ll get another suspension.

Sad situation for a country rich in natural assets and good people. But they deserve what they allow.

Most people are powerless to allow or disallow what’s going on, and they certainly don’t deserve it. :s

Says you. It is endemic in the culture.