Mexican Food in Kaohsiung

Oh wow, way to bum me out. That sucks… :pensive:

you and @Danielw should meet at the 7-Eleven, buy a six-pack, compare notes on eating places, and come back here with a detailed report. :+1:

It they could just go out for lunch

Haha I mean this is our virtual 7/11. And Monday morning is a bit early for beer, but I am sipping a coffee.

Honestly, there’s about 5 eateries (not sure I’d even call them “restaurants”) I absolutely love in Kaohsiung. And then a bunch of okay places. And then an even bigger bunch of mediocre to dreadful places. Ktown is not the best place for food.

But Kaohsiung has an official cordon bleu academy :man_cook:

Hah, I did not know that. Generally, the fancier the food the more wary of it I am. I’ve been to a number of super expensive, vaguely “French” or other Pan-European style places my wife found on Instagram (bless her heart) and they’ve always been dreadful. Beautiful decor, meals that cost around 3,000 NTD and barely edible. She’s finally learning not to trust the social influencers on IG as much.

All the really kick-ass joints I know are humble local places that sell their meals for less than 200 NTD (and some less than a 100).

I find the same thing, bling doesn’t fill my belly. A good honest well cooked meal will.

1 Like

Not Mexican, but one of my favorite restaurants in Taiwan very good well cooked comfort food meal.

Croatian Kitchen
No. 17號, Hebei Road, Lingya District, Kaohsiung City, 802
0929 588 928
https://maps.app.goo.gl/d4d1C

1 Like

Will put it on the list of places to try

Not great food but just ok. About Avocado, I found Avocado Burrito on menu, see photo below at Mi Casita which is next another Mexican place (odd).

We should start new topic KHH- Euro places to eat !

2 Likes

You start the thread and I’ll post in it. :+1:

Theres a few places we frequent. Steak place called Dollars, 360nt for a pretty decent American steak and all you can eat buffet.
Theres a place, not sure of name, also a steak place, has big demon heads on the sides of the building, good steak too, Australian beef (yay).
Theres a wicked buffet place in the top level of the KH Arena Mall which has a massive selection, specially if you like seafood. - Saying that, also a seafood all you can eat on the same road towards maccas.

Best place I’ve found to get a burger though, The Lighthouse bar, owned by an american guy, proper burgers, chips, plays american sports, since its a sports bar. -around the corner is also a canadian pizza bar

There are good places to eat here, just need to know where to look.

Oh, also, some american themed rabbit rabbit burger place, makes dam good burgers.

1 Like

What are your five? I saw a Taco pop up on AiHer riverside , it was good but all no meat, any updates or find with good real meat Tacos (I prefer Carnitas/Pork)