Mexican food in Tainan

Saw this place. No other info. One of the reviews says it’s good Tex-Mex.

Dakou Taco
165 Minzu Road Sec 2, West Central District, Tainan City, 700
https://maps.app.goo.gl/8QnLXNNsgVLJ9eXi6

2 Likes

Crazy…i just noticed this spot yesterday. Will try it soon.

1 Like

I went yesterday. Definitely good and better than i was expecting.

Its similar in menu to like Qdoba where you choose a burrito, 3 tacos or a bowl and then choose meat (pork, chicken, beef, etc) and then choose toppings (salsa type, cheese, sour cream, onions, lettuce, etc).

I got pork tacos for $140. So…not that expensive too! But the other guy ordered the burrito and i wished i had ordered that instead! It looked to be a good size.

Anyway, i think they’ll do well. Its good quality and not expensive.

Im going back to try the burrito today.

1 Like

Looks pretty good. I will have to try it.

Although I haven’t been for a while, I like Zoomos, especially the enchiladas. Only a few tables though, so better to get there early.

Address is: Zoomos, No. 61, Lane 12, Shengli Road, East District, Tainan City, 701

1 Like

A friend who lives in Tainan says Funkoo is the best spot for Mexican food in Tainan. I haven’t tried it yet, but after looking at the photos on their Trip Advisor and Facebook pages, I think he’s probably right:

https://www.tripadvisor.com.tw/Restaurant_Review-g293912-d7022289-Reviews-Funkoo_Mexican_Cuisine_and_Bar-Tainan.html

1 Like

**[quote=“Garraty47, post:3, topic:185095, full:true”]
I went yesterday. Definitely good and better than i was expecting.

Its similar in menu to like Qdoba where you choose a burrito, 3 tacos or a bowl and then choose meat (pork, chicken, beef, etc) and then choose toppings (salsa type, cheese, sour cream, onions, lettuce, etc).

I got pork tacos for $140. So…not that expensive too! But the other guy ordered the burrito and i wished i had ordered that instead! It looked to be a good size.

Anyway, i think they’ll do well. Its good quality and not expensive.

Im going back to try the burrito today.

[/quote]

Looks great !

Dakou Taco 大口塔口墨西哥捲餅 Tainan

• Huge, fresh, tasty, wouldn’t necessarily say Mexican taste but definitely good
  • I’ll go back for the large healthy tasty meal
  • Many main ingredient options like beef, pork, chicken, fish, vegetables
  • Burrito, 3 tacos, drink, NT$380

Look great! Did you try anything else? (photos)

Any info on Camilas Mexican food? Looks like they’re at a Night Market and only open a few days a week.

Pictures look appealing.

Tried Funkoo - Mexican Cuisine & Bar, dinner

• Much better than the online pictures
  • Seems to be fresh, well prepared with thought
  • Nothing particularly Mexican but still good
  • Ranking my three tacos favorites in order beef, pork, chicken
  • Great late night location indoor/outdoor seating

Funkoo Bar - Mexican Cuisine & Bar
No. 268號, Section 2, Hai’an Road, West Central District, Tainan

2 Likes

Looks great too !

Dakou Taco changed recently, compared to my April visit, seems like cutting costs. No more over-filled shells. These 2 visits last few days were half filled and mostly shell.

1 Like

Went there a few weks ago, is nice. I also went to place had something like a Texas Puffy Taco, will try search it

Texas style Puffy Taco