Mexican ingredients in Taipei

Why import black soybean from Canada :person_shrugging:

Most soy is grown in the Americas. Donā€™t know about Canada, but I know Iowa is largest producer of soybeans in the world

I checke grace and Tony but their info came up in French in a Canadian linked in type page. The beans do look slightly smaller and some of them have the skin coming off.

Canada is the 7th largest producer.

1 Like

Do you still sell jalapeƱo/serrano peppers, orange/red habanero peppers, poblano peppers, green tomatillos, and ancho? Iā€™m interested in all of them.
Thank you!
(BTW, how do you PM another member here? Iā€™m new and couldnā€™t find that function. Apologies for being daft, should that apply)

1 Like

I think you need to make a few more posts or have it enabled - @tempogain?

@Nomad4ever hasnā€™t been active for 10 months btw, so I wouldnā€™t hold out for a quick response.

Itā€™s because heā€™s new, trust level requirements are posted somewhere

Hi! Thank you for reaching out. Iā€™m traveling in Brazil at the momentā€¦All of the peppers and tomatillo are actually in season now, I can arrange over the internet to mail them to you. (room-temperature delivery):blush:How much do you want to buy?

3 Likes

Hello and thank you for your answer! Iā€™d like to buy some of all that I mentioned: jalapeƱo/serrano peppers, orange/red habanero peppers, poblano peppers, green tomatillos, and ancho. If you have anything else, Iā€™m especially interested in dried Mexican chiles. What are your regular shipping quantities? Iā€™d like to start small, maybe 50-100 grams for each of the dried chilis, and ca. 250 grams for the fresh ones and the tomatillos. Would that be possible?
Thank you, and greetings from chilly Taipei. Stay in Brazil at least until March! :slight_smile:
Hans

Thank you kindly, Andrew!

thank you!

Sounds good! Iā€™ll get in touch with my farmer and let you know once I hear from him. Cheers!

thank you very much!

Any leads on dry black beans (not soy)?

Luckily there are more things like masa, annatto, chili, nopal and other similar Mexican ingredients. But the beans are still escaping me.

I never found black beans. Only can provide peppers

received_3762212577424437|375x500

3 Likes

Anyone ever try this place?
https://www.teotihuacantaiwan.com/

For the restaurant, or for the imported ingredients?

Iā€™ve never been, but if itā€™s the place Iā€™m thinking of I made a mental note to go a couple of years ago then promptly forgot about it. I think I met the owner at another of his restaurants in 2021 for a kebab event and far too many cocktails, and the food was pretty good (again, if Iā€™m thinking of the right place - I might not be).

1 Like

Sounds like a real sausage fest.

Err, no? Not that I remember.

For the restaurant, thereā€™s an odd non-discussion from a few years ago with a bunch of people asking about it, but as far as I can tell no one on the board trying it:

For the ordering ingredients, no. The list of products looks promising; the website is for my taste too uninformative on actually HOW to order, unless Iā€™m missing a page somewhere.

But in my case I restock on dried chiles when I go to Canada most summers.

1 Like