Mia C'bon Supermarket by Carrefour (formerly Jasons)

Yeah, French and Italian in the same phrase. Sounds about right for Taiwan.

1 Like

For the upcoming Uni-President take-over: how about rebranding as C’mon Miao!

At least that would make me laugh.

Guy

3 Likes

I can’t wait to start hearing all the new ways people pronounce this store name. There’s “Mia She bone”, as mentioned above, and then there will be all the iterations we end up with foreigners inventing…

3 Likes

Why not call it Filthy Pierre’s? From Jasons to Pierre’s

2 Likes

Mia C’bon的取名語意,乘載了歐陸血統,「Mia」為義大利和西班牙文,意思是「我的」,而「C’bon」則是法文「美好、美味」的意思,選品團隊推出強大的歐洲與全世界進口選品,也符合天母當地人的生活需求。 which translates to :
Mia C’bon is a semantic meaning of European origin, “Mia” is Italian and Spanish, meaning “mine”, and “C’bon” means “beautiful and delicious” in French, and the selection team launches a strong Selection of European and World Imports, which also meets the needs of the local people of elite taipei.
link from: JASONS超市改名Mia C’bon 首店插旗天母 - 生活 - 中時 (chinatimes.com)

8 Likes

:joy: :joy:

5 Likes

Does Mia sell binlang?

1 Like

Are they meant to sell the same things as Jason’s? I couldn’t find tortillas or beans. Then again they could have moved it to the new upstairs.

I didn’t actually expect to guess correctly on this…

1 Like

Like I thought…they didn’t bother hiring professionals to do the job right.

7 Likes

They probably though WTF, we’re sold to President, Mia is good enough.

2 Likes

Theory: all the execs were three sheets to the wind one night, one of them came up with this, and he happened to be the most senior one so no one questioned it?

9 Likes

Or maybe they did hire the professionals, and then ignored their recommendation and instead followed what the boss liked!

EDIT: I don’t even think being drunk would be needed, in contrast to @bdog 's theory. :slightly_smiling_face:

Guy

4 Likes

The French manager was calling his wife and said ‘Mia, C’bon’!

2 Likes

Jason’s is also Wellcome’s IP. I imagine any deal included a transition period, even if they only bought the local supermarkets.

Yes it did, and the transition period has passed. Jason’s is now renamed Mia C’bon.

Guy

I thought it was an abbreviation of the french expression “C’est si bon”, but after googling I will keep this interpretation instead:

Noun
C.Bon. (plural C.Bon.)

1. (music) Abbreviation of contrabassoon.

My contrabasson <3

2 Likes

I didn’t realize the transition period was measured in seconds. The deal only recently went through last year. That’s a quick one!

Somehow I slept through the fact that Cinnabon was ever here! Roughly how many stores and where were they? Just curious.

2 Likes

There were lots of other chain stores briefly in Taiwan.