Miami vice

I love this movie so much I saw it twice! It seems to be a love it or hate it movie though. I’m a sucker for Michael Mann movies and this one delivered pretty much what I expected: grit, fantastic cinematograpy, great moody music and a dash of intelligent and convincing action. Plus Naomi Harris and Gong Li are freaking HOT!

I saw the website and wasn’t impressed,.But since I like you posts naijeru, I’m gonna see it and not “download” it. It better be good or I’m gonna hit the squeal button on all your posts for a month. :smiley:

I liked it. A buddy and I saw it at 2:25am and got out at 5am. Would’ve probably been better if I were less comatose. Jamie Foxx and Gong Li were great. Colin Farrell was the lightweight in this movie.

When is Colin Farrell not the lightweight?

naijeru, I couldn’t agree with you more about Mann and Farrell. While I didn’t like MV as much as collateral it was still pretty bad ass. It’s great to see directors like Mann trying to transcend the ordinary action flick. Regarding Mr. Farrell, with classics like Phone Booth and and S.W.A.T. what’s not to love? :s

He may get good results, but as a director he’s rumored to be hell to work with.

I had a bid last year to go to Uruguay for 3 weeks to interpret for Gong Li (no kidding) on that set. Googled Mann and found that the production was far, far delayed not only because of bad weather in the Dominican Republic, but also because so many of the production crew had quit because of his shenanigans. Refuses to speak directly to underlings, or so it is rumored, and other interesting things. In the end they couldn’t get their affairs straightened out in time and I took another job. Don’t know if they ever got an interpreter for her or not, in the end.

[quote=“ironlady”]He may get good results, but as a director he’s rumored to be hell to work with.
[/quote]
Isn’t that all directors? I don’t know a respected director I haven’t heard something like that about.

[quote=“ironlady”]He may get good results, but as a director he’s rumored to be hell to work with.

I had a bid last year to go to Uruguay for 3 weeks to interpret for Gong Li (no kidding) on that set. Googled Mann and found that the production was far, far delayed not only because of bad weather in the Dominican Republic, but also because so many of the production crew had quit because of his shenanigans. Refuses to speak directly to underlings, or so it is rumored, and other interesting things. In the end they couldn’t get their affairs straightened out in time and I took another job. Don’t know if they ever got an interpreter for her or not, in the end.[/quote]

It would have been somewhat fairly easy work. You sit around for about 12 hrs. Would have translated for her on a needed basis. Ate good food, travelled free and met alot of movie stars. What’s the underlings? THe PAs? Nobody talks to them anyway except to say “Get me coffee with lots of cream and hurry up”.

When is Colin Farrell not the lightweight?[/quote]

It’s true.
I saw those Nicole Narain tapes.

I had a bid last year to go to Uruguay for 3 weeks to interpret for Gong Li (no kidding) on that set. Googled Mann and found that the production was far, far delayed not only because of bad weather in the Dominican Republic, but also because so many of the production crew had quit because of his shenanigans. Refuses to speak directly to underlings, or so it is rumored, and other interesting things. In the end they couldn’t get their affairs straightened out in time and I took another job. Don’t know if they ever got an interpreter for her or not, in the end.[/quote]

Ironlady that is impressive (interpreting for Gong Li). But your other comment on the delay is interesting. It may be one reason that the budget for MV (150 million USD) was 50 million dollars more than the total annual budget of the Miami Dade Police department. I guess the under cover agents don’t get to wheel around in Ferraris, expensive boats and airplanes without butts. But it’s fun to watch on screen.

Thanks for the review, I may see it. Though I doubt if the current cast can live up to the original Crockett and Tubbs. Esp as Crokett recently got into some legal troubles of his own. :rainbow:

I was disappointed Gong Li didn’t get nekkid.

OOOOOOPS!

:blush:

Was that a spoiler?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Naijeru, thanks for the review, terrific flick. gong li has bad teeth, can’t grow her nails, but during the film shew grows on you as a great CFO. Not surprised K.S. Li paid her $1 mill for her to be his mistress for a year. :sunglasses:

1)Crockett knows jujitsu moves
2)Gong Li should have invested in a voice coach.
3)Movies made on HD should be used sparely
4) :snore: :snore: :snore: :snore: :snore: :snore:

naijeru- You’re going on the ignore list for a month. Time out,young man :s :laughing:

I fell asleep watching it. Still have it on my computer and don’t know if I’ll watch the rest.

There’s my review.

[quote=“Namahottie”]
naijeru- You’re going on the ignore list for a month. Time out,young man :s :laughing:[/quote]
Well okey-dokey then.