Michelin Guide Bib Gourmand Awards South - 27 in Tainan/47 Total

looks great, how was the taste

1 Like

No idea; I just took the photo from the Michelin story linked by @DKaoshuing .

They do look delicious though. :yum:

Guy

Has anyone tried Le Beaujour? We’re looking at our end of year family splash out. With wine it will be about 5k a head.

The food pictures look good, but it’s the sort of classic French food I’m not a massive fan of. My wife likes food like that though

Is that in Tainan? The only one with stars I know of is Liberté near Costco /Tai Books mall? I do not find any french food in Taiwan or in Europe worth that price really, and my Taiwanese co workers prefer Italian or Spanish for Euro foods so I seldom eat French now other than Cheese and wine.

1 Like

Taipei:

My wife’s booked it now, so any further discussion is moot.

How was it?

Is Liberté any good?

Any suggestions for something about 1.5k per person? Nothing seafood heavy though.

for Liberté I think is good, but not kind of food I like. Also better bring more cash than$1,500, its quite expensive.

3 Likes

Haha just checked the price. Still fine but seems like it’s not available on our date.

It was delicious. My wife and I had the wine matching menu. I think it came to 15k for the three of us.

At Hanshin Hotel, Shanghai restaurant

Been to this place over the years, they highlight this now. Did not pay attention before. Moderate prices $500 to $1,000 average per person.

2 Likes

Thats a very well known hotel and restaurant here already, the star is just validating what people already know, the whole thing is a bit weird.

1 Like

yes, a bit weird but I did not know it had any stars. I want try the Japanese place on the same floor but never make a reservation so it’s hard get it (it was not always like this, could walk in)