Michelin Guide - Taipei 2022

The new Michelin Bib Gourmand recommendations are out. New this year is the expansion into Tainan’s and Kaohsiung’s affordable eating scene. At the request of the moderator, however, this thread is dedicated to discussing the selections in Taipei.

Hat tip to @TT for posting this in another thread which shall remain nameless.

Enjoy! Or go back to that other thread to complain. :grin:

Guy

3 Likes

I was trying to offer some perspective, since I’m usually one of the complainers :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Some very good news for all of Taiwan, nice to good food news with all the bad news and events in Taiwan and the world !

1 Like

Good value restaurants. I’ll buy that, although I don’t recall eating in any of them. Then again, the Michelin inspectors won’t have done either.

2 Likes

What?

Way too costly. They’re not sending inspectors out for Bib Gourmand.

Ah, all the more reason not to be in a hurry to try these restaurants

Bib Gourmand are simply a guide to reasonably priced restaurants. Quite useful if you’re in strange city.

2 Likes

It appears that Little Tree Food Daan has been awarded Bib Gourmand - I’ve had there several times, and I think their consistency is very off. I’ve ordered the same thing multiple times and have had them taste vastly different, from very good to very bad. Their quantity is pretty low too. My BMI is underweight and even I feel hungry after spending 400+ NTD on a Macro Bowl. For the high price that they charge, it’s not worth it IMO.

3 Likes

Now the starred restaurants for 2022 have been named.

Any thoughts or opinions? Discuss!

Guy

I’ve been to Le Palais and I thought it was really good.

1 Like

Bring sacks of money! :grin:

Guy

I’ve also been to Forchetta in Taichung and I thought it was good too.

Proudly announcing that Tainan is included in the guide, then this

Tainan did not place any restaurant on the list of 38

Only Bib Gourmand and Selected restaurants

Not surprising really.

The only two Kaoshiung places that received stars are operated by Japanese people, whose vision and precision tends to be closer in line with what the French expect.

Guy

I don’t believe that Michelin are sending inspectors over. I think they’re just looking at online reviews and guessing.

Or perhaps they have hired local deputies . . . ?

Guy

Who knows. They’re very secretive about their system.