Microsoft office -- english version

You can also pay by invoice. Or get an Office 365 prepaid card.

“need” need, or what about Libre Office

2 Likes

It really depends on what she needs. Maybe LibreOffice won’t cut it. Maybe there’s a specific feature she needs.

But if she just needs some office productivity software, then LibreOffice should be good enough.

2 Likes

Agree 100%.

1 Like

Never done either of these things before. You’d have to walk me through it.

I basically just need the latest version of Microsoft Word.

1 Like

Does it have to be Word? I mostly just use OpenOffice Writer. Once in a while I need to use Word because I’m sending it to someone who requires a DOCX file, but if it’s just DOC or PDF, the free LibreOffice or OpenOffice may do the trick.

I mainly got the Office 365 subscription because OpenOffice wasn’t working for me on an iPad, and while I think their word processor is fine for my purposes, I did need Excel.

I think it would be best since I have to use some of the more complex functions in Word to do my work.

2 Likes

Hmmm…you sure it’s the real deal?

1 Like

I was suspicious at first but a few friends of mine used it and said it was working. The investment was small so I decided to risk it. Online product registration and validation with Microsoft was successful so I am a believer now.

1. Sign into your Microsoft Account. If you don’t have one, create a personal account.
  2. When you log in, You should see something like this:
  3. Tap “Set Up”
  4. Choose a payment method:

If you’d rather not deal with the subscription, the you can get it from tsannkuen or fayaque for about 6700 NT.

In case someone is looking for alternatives to MS:

You already got plenty of useful responses, so now on to the juicy part. Why on earth can you not get a credit card?

I am not a Taiwanese citizen.

Neither are most of us!

I suppose I could get one I can use internationally, but I generally don’t have a need for one. Except now.

Interesting :thinking:

Well, it appears you can tie the subscription to your mobile phone bill, debit card, or PayPal.

I am not Taiwanese and I have 6. Takes a lot of perseverance but it is doable. Don’t let anything stand between you and the joy of shopping.

2 Likes

Here’s the official version of office provided by Microsoft, you’d still need a license that you could get online. https://officecdn.microsoft.com/db/492350F6-3A01-4F97-B9C0-C7C6DDF67D60/media/en-US/ProPlus2019Retail.img