Microsoft VISTA (using DEP) shuts down Windows Messenger

All of my Taiwanese friends are complaining that when using Microsoft VISTA, the DEP (Data Execution Prevention) repeatedly shuts down Windows Messenger.

Apparently, in the DEP there is an “Exceptions List” … but for some reason Windows Live Messenger cannot be entered into there … (or if it is entered, it is ignored) …

Obviously, my friends who are having these problems have recently purchased new computers … and they are hoping to be able to use these computers with the current software installed, without having to re-install earlier versions or other versions of Messenger … etc. or whatever …

Possibly, there might be a “fix” on a Microsoft website somewhere for this conflict between VISTA’s DEP and Messenger, does anyone know?

I don’t have VISTA myself, so I am not aware of the true depths of the problem. There may be the possibility of turning DEP off, but again that may be inadvisable due to the prevalence of malicious viruses everywhere …

If anyone has some knowledge about how to deal with this issue, please post it in this thread. Thanks.

Not that I have Vista, but this link looks promising:
tabletquestions.com/windows- … r-dep.html

This one looks like the best solution:

Took me 5 seconds to google that too. Or update macromedia flash.

5 seconds? You’re so slow. It only took me 3.26 seconds.

5 seconds? You’re so slow. It only took me 3.26 seconds.[/quote]But I was counting the sex I had in the middle.

5 seconds? You’re so slow. It only took me 3.26 seconds.[/quote]But I was counting the sex I had in the middle.[/quote]

Me too! And anyway, sex with yourself doesn’t count!

Is this on a laptop (I’m not asking you, Stu) ? It would seem this is more common on laptops. And are you logged in as an admin or user ?