Middle name

I have two documents I may need to use. Getting them individually certified isn’t the problem, but the consistency of the names may be a problem because the relevant person has three names on one document (last, first & middle) and two on the other (last & middle), as the relevant person’s first name was de facto dropped long ago without any problem (not registered as a “name change” because it doesn’t need to be registered as such in Canada). All the other details (date of birth etc.) on the two documents match, and they’ve been certified by the TECO in Canada.

I’ve already been through this kind of thing dealing with a bank (middle name omitted – “but it’s not 一致!”), and all the western logic in the world didn’t make a difference. :wall:

The legal advice I’ve received so far is that the documents are valid here as long as they’re valid in Canada, but I may need to “prove” they’re valid in Canada.

So, does anyone have experience dealing with this “一致” concept in officialdom or in court? Did the authorities say that certification wasn’t enough and that an affidavit was also needed?