Mindf*ck of the Day...because our minds need to get laid too

Yes, but why? Why?!?!

Are you sure the Medical Marijuana thread might not be a better fit for this post?

1 Like

I will give you something to go on. He also said that in the winter when I go to eat hot pot I should not drink too much of the soup.

Wait, are we talking TCM here?

I did not ask for his credentials, but I do believe this was a doctor trained in western medicine.

I suggest drinking 3.72L of water and seeing if he notices the difference.

1 Like

I think he was trying to upstage me. If I told him I drink 4L every day he would have probably told me to drink 4.5L.

1 Like

This is how pissing contests start. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Sounds like bullshit. Due to marketing shite, people have died during marathons due to over-hydration, or specifically, desalination.

I should know, I have no qualifications :nerd_face:

Seriously though, get a second opinion.

Actually, you can get high on too much water. You should try it.

I tried that. I peed a lot.

1 Like

OK, maybe shoot for 3.70L next time?

But 3.72 works out exactly 2 large bottles. Now I have to spill a cup.

To reveal the mystery, the doctor was multiplying 50ml by my body weight.

Hopefully that helps all of you determine how much you should be drinking daily.

And, reason was me having too much uric acid in my blood.

1 Like

These barbarians never heard of beer.

2 Likes

There’s something to say about that. For certain types of food, like cold meats - processed meats, there’s strong evidence of the linkage, however this doesn’t mean that they are strong carcinogens. In other words, it can be a factor for getting cancer, but chances of getting cancer because of its (normal) consumption are little. However the evidence of this is of good quality.

Pretty sure they’re not talking about processed meats…

Sorry, probably read meat is one more of the types of meat I was talking about.

Did anybody think you would definitely die from eating a lot of red meat? The article suggests that may not be true. Good to know!