Missing Cat - MUFFIN CAME HOME! See 3rd page :-)

[quote=“Stray Dog”](and the vid is designed to be a little bit of a tearjerker, as we want whoever has her to know that she is loved and missed greatly)[/quote]You git. As if I don’t miss and worry about my own cats already :cry:

Sorry about that, Matthew. Glad it has the desired effect though. :wink:

Muffin is still missing. I’ll be emailing everyone I know tomorrow, with photos and video, and I hope it will do the rounds so that as many people as possible get to see it.

Also, if any of you post on any other forums or websites, please consider linking to the video at least (or embedding - the code is next to the video screen on YouTube); it would be greatly appreciated.

The owner is now offering a reward; we hope that will stir up a little more help, too.

Here’s hoping Muffin will soon be home.

So pretty. Any news? Those are remarkable markings.

Someone has posted on a Chinese BBS that they see Muffin every day, and we’re following up to see if it’s not mistaken identity.

And someone just emailed me asking for the owner’s email and mentioned it was about the cat, so fingers crossed!

What’s the latest on Muffin?

The leads have so far led to nothing. Muffin is still missing, and greatly missed.

Muffin is back! :slight_smile:

Her mum returned from Spring Scream to find the little lady waiting for her on the balcony outside her front door. She ran straight into the house while her mum blubbered to me over the phone. She is fine except for a small injury to her neck with a patch of missing fur; the vet thinks she was in a fight or got stuck in something noose-like.

Muffin was a little stressed at first but has settled right back in, and as I’m looking at her now she is dozing off at the head of the bed. She is clearly very happy to be home. It’s been exactly a month since she disappeared,

Thank you to all the well wishers and for those of you who forwarded the notice about Muffin going missing; it was greatly appreciated by Muffin’s mum and myself.

I wish we could know where she went and what happened to her, but it doesn’t really matter; she’s home, and to one very sad and worried mum, nothing else is important.

Happy pics of the reunion soon to follow.

Cheers, all! :slight_smile:

Great news! :bravo:

Good job too. If this didn’t have a happy ending, there’d be hell to pay Stray Dog waves fist

That just made my day. Warm fuzzies… Great news! :slight_smile:

Now keep her inside! :wink:

That’s so cool!

What a great relief!! Wow, so good to hear Sean and Mum!!

Give her extra kisses, and fish. Maybe fish muffins?? Could be a new hit.

JM

Very nice to hear a happy ending, especially this time! :slight_smile:

Muffin was really stressed when she first came back - a little wired almost. When I arrived, she looked terrified and made a mad dash to escape, shooting past my legs and over the balcony wall. Not for one moment wanting to face Mum after letting Muffin out again, I somehow managed to grab one of her legs as she jumped off the balcony and swung her back into the apartment while she shredded my hand and forearm.

She must have been through some nasty experience, because she kept hissing and hitting out. So I just let Mum calm her down with her favourite petting: bum smacking (she loves it).

The injury on her neck looks like someone has shaved her badly, with lines of shaved and very short fur. We’re assuming she was caught in something like wire or string - horrible to know she may have been struggling for her life while we were looking for her. She is a little slimmer but with a saggier tummy - very strange - and her poop and breath smell terrible; obviously she wasn’t being fed proper food, and probably was surviving on rubbish (garbage).

She settled down after an hour or so and even let me rub her tummy for several minutes before scratching her disapproval. She seemed very tired, as she just slept and slept on the headboard, not once moving throughout the entire night.

Mum woke up several times searching the room to check she hadn’t been dreaming. I’m so happy for her; she was a blubbering mess when Muffin first came home.

Muffin is grounded for a long time now while Mum decides what’s best for her in regard to her free-roaming. She is also considering adopting Suky, the lovely indoor cat she fostered last week, as a way to keep Muffin entertained and provide company when she’s not at home.

We’re both so happy and relieved. I watch the Muffin, Come Home video now and it makes me laugh - not quite what the reaction I used to have when watching it.

Thanks again to all of you who forwarded the message. For all we know, it may have prompted someone to release Muffin. It certainly provided comfort and encouragement that so many people were looking out for her.

Now we just have to discuss if we’ll let Muffin herself have the reward, as she did turn herself in after all. :slight_smile:

I do love these happy endings. :bravo:

That’s a wonderful happy ending, SD!
Muffin must be relieved to be back home :slight_smile:

Great to know your girl is home. And, Sean I have to tell you two things now that I held off on when I met you at Animals Taiwan because at the time you told me you had been up all night posting and producing videos about your lost girl. So I felt bad about saying what I wanted to say and doing what I wanted to do, because I didn’t want you to project it onto your lost girl. My girl went missing for 5 days when she was about a year old. The last thing I wanted to hear about was someone’s dear departed one. I put up posters and she was found that day.

Ok, first of all, my contribution to your organization is in memory of my girl, “Birch”-that is so that she and I can both help your amazing pack; and second, I set some of her ashes free at your facility. I sprinkled some of her on the small “L” shaped tree enclosure just to the right when you enter the gate. I set some of her remains free in many places in Taiwan, but I also wanted her to be with all of your dogs, so I sprinkled some of her there to be with so many dogs, dogs in the same situation she and I came to meet each other in. She will help the tree grow and watch over the ever changing population of dog friends you take in.

I did not bring these things up at the time because I probably would have blubbered like a bafoon, and I did not want you to think anymore about your loss at the time, because it is hard. Maybe I am just a bit too protective of things and feelings and this was more about me and my loss, but I thought you were also in a time of loss. Now, however, I am so happy about reading about Muffin, and how you and Mum are so happy to have her back. So I read your latest posts with great joy.

Anyway, long post, but really I wanted you to know that my girl is there, as she is near the Temple at Fuxinggang, and in Danshui, and next to my Hostel.

Peace to you and all your wonderful brood.

JM

ps- I emailed Liza and I will see you at G-Nittis in Shida in Sept/Oct, 2007!!

I’m so happy to know that M came home!