Missing Cat - MUFFIN CAME HOME! See 3rd page :-)

Just added: Video Plea - English and Video Plea - Chinese
(also in later post)

Name: Muffin
Breed: Mixed
Sex: Female
Spayed/Neutered: Yes
Description: White tummy and sides with black and ginger markings on head,
back, legs and tail. No collar. TIP OF RIGHT EAR IS MISSING.
Very friendly.

Date: Friday 9th March, 2007

Please, if you see this cat anywhere, please contact me as soon as possible. She may have been picked up or found her way onto a passing truck, so she really could be anywhere. Muffin has never stayed away from the apartment for longer than a few hours, and is always there to greet her owner when she comes home. She is greatly missed.

Thank you!

She’s still missing. Hearts are still broken. Please keep an eye out for our little girl. Thanks.

I’m really sorry to hear that, Sean. I hope she comes back soon!

Comes to show why you have it in the AT adoption contract that cats are to be kept indoors…

[quote=“bobepine”]I’m really sorry to hear that, Sean. I hope she comes back soon!

Comes to show why you have it in the AT adoption contract that cats are to be kept indoors…[/quote]

We do? I thought we took that out! That’s not something we stipulate. I’ll have to go check now …

OK, that clause about keeping the adopted under control when off the premises is for dogs. There was a specific clause about cats being kept inside and we chose not to include it. Some cats are indoor cats; some aren’t. My own cat gets so stressed if we try to keep her indoors that I think it would be cruel never to let her out.

Anyway, we followed all the advice online and have been putting up posters and posting flyers through letterboxes, and also talking to neighbours. It turns out Muffin was spotted on my girlfriend’s balcony yesterday afternoon. Strange she hasn’t come back inside, but a massve relief that she is OK (the guy who saw her knows all the cats in the neighbourhood and is certain).

We’re putting humane cat traps out tonight and getting up at 3.30 to rattle keys and tap a spoon on a tin of cat food while patrolling the immediate neighbourhood. Hopefully I’ll be posting about our success some time soon.

Glad to hear the cat was spotted alive and well. :slight_smile:

With concrete walls/fences, tin fences and the lack of trees making the most part of Taiwan meropolitan areas, and to think of how many stray dogs are about, Taiwan is not the place for outdoor cats, IMO. Just like in Banff national park with the abundance of foxes. Letting your cat wander outside is gambling with death. Just my opinion.

If the cat comes back, better off letting her deal with the frustration of being inside as opposed to being nailed by a dog or hit by a car. What is happening now is bound to happen again even if she does come back, and I sure hope she does.

Our contract stipulates that cats we adopt out have to be indoor cats, and that’s not about to change. :wink:

This is a situation that we know all too well about, of course. We prefer to give the owner the right advice as per their situation, but allow them to make their own decision. Just as I, personally, am against caging, I am also against keeping an outdoors cat indoors against his or her will. For my own cat, for instance, I made the decision long ago that it would be cruel to keep her inside, and, considering how much she wanted to enjoy the outdoors, and considering our location, I decided that 5 years of living free and happy would be better than 15 stuck inside a confined space that she dearly wants to be out of.

I guess it’s the same as having kids.

Anyway, many thanks for your helpful comments at this time. If you want to dicuss this further, please do so in another thread. Thanks.

If anyone spots Muffin, please do let us know ASAP.

Many thanks.

Sean

[quote=“Stray Dog”]

Very friendly.

Please, if you see this cat anywhere, please contact me as soon as possible. She may have been picked up or found her way onto a passing truck, so she really could be anywhere. Muffin has never stayed away from the apartment for longer than a few hours, and is always there to greet her owner when she comes home. She is greatly missed.

Thank you![/quote]

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“Stray Dog”]

Very friendly.

Thank you![/quote][/quote]

No, that’s a picture of Muffin, sandman. :unamused:

Well, it seems that Muffin, hereinafter referred to as ‘the bloody cat’ has been spotted by several neighbours in the last few days, going into nearby restaurants for food! Yesterday she popped into the restaurant across from where she lives and is well fed and cared for. :fume:

We’re doing everything you’re supposed to do, including putting up posters, putting flyers through letterboxes, and speaking to everyone, and it’s working really well, as we are getting a good picture of what the bloody cat has been up to. Her owner will get up at 5.00 tomorrow to speak to all the vendors and street sweepers, etc. who would easily spot the bloody cat as she wanders from restaurant to restaurant, running up a tab. :laughing:

We’ve also put humane traps in two of her favourite places, including one where she as seen on Sunday afternoon. Hopefully, I’ll be able to report that the bloody cat is back where she is loved and doing chores until she has paid back all the restaurant tabs. :wink:

It’s very reassuring to know that she is still in the area, but baffling as to why she hasn’t gone home. :s

[quote=“Stray Dog”]

It’s very reassuring to know that she is still in the area, but baffling as to why she hasn’t gone home. :s[/quote]If she was recently spayed, chances are she’s having hormones issues. If she was not spayed properly, chances are she’s having hormones issues. (But you know that) And chances are she just prefers MSG loaded/tasty food she gets on the street.

When you get her, you’d better keep her inside as this will be an ongoing issue, especially if either A- she is not spayed properly, or B- she prefers the food she gets on the street.

Good Luck!

Apparently the restaurant owners seem to think that Muffin has been back, but no one else in the neighbourhood has seen her recently.

Giving out more posters and flyers and broadening the search area now.

Cats don’t respond to the Mucha Man bottle of pee to find your way home thing?

I have Muzha Man preparing a bottle for me now. He’s half way there, and thinks it’ll be ready just as soon as he’s finished the two more pints of lager he’s ordered.

Almost there. :astonished:

[quote=“Stray Dog”]Apparently the restaurant owners seem to think that Muffin has been back, but no one else in the neighbourhood has seen her recently.
[/quote]:frowning:

Muffin, Come Home!

Chinese version following shortly - please, if you go on any other local forums, post the link; if you know anybody who frequents ShiDa, send them the URL; if you know anyone who likes cats, please send them the URL. The most likely scenario is that someone has taken Muffin in, given that she is very pretty and friendly, and that she looks like an ownerless cat because of her collar having fallen off and her ear having been clipped. We hope this video will show how much she is missed and encourage someone to bring her back.

Thanks.

We now have a Chinese version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo7ARo_xrHQ

Please forward it to anyone you know who might have been in ShiDa in the last two weeks, or who might know someone in ShiDa.

Xie xie!

Wow, that’s a beautiful and moving video. :frowning: Good luck.

Maybe you could tell what area she went missing in ? Where is Shida area ? Is that a university or a road ? Sorry for being a bit thick.

Actually one of the lanes leading off the ShiDa nightmarket. For instance, if you were at Watson’s on ShiDa road and walked into the market, she went missing very close to the first crossroads/intersection you would come to.

We’ve looked and looked and are still looking, but I think now she has been picked up, but do keep your eyes open if you’re in the area.

There are several cats with similar markings, but Muffin has a very distinct row of four alternate black and ginger almost-circular patches along her back.

Thank you!

(and the vid is designed to be a little bit of a tearjerker, as we want whoever has her to know that she is loved and missed greatly)