Missing dog. Can you help?

A friend on facebook posted this. Figured it couldn’t hurt to post it here, too. Hope someone can help.

Name: Smiley
Missing Time: around 10 AM on Oct. 26th, 2008
Missing Location : Zhongshan N. Rd. Sec. 2, Taipei City

Female dog with red collar (the one goes through neck and stomach, different from the normal ones - as in the photo)
Length about 45 cm with shorter legs than normal dogs
Right-front leg with a scar from surgery and eyes with eyeliners

If you found, please contact Miss Huang 0930377411 (Chinese/English)
Will thank you with a big prize

awwwwwwwwwww any news yet?

Not that I have seen. I will send an e-mail to the person that posted the message and see what comes up.

No news yet… I am the owner of the dog. Have been looking for her every night. But after so many days, she can be anywhere. Please keep an eye out for me. THANK YOU VERY MUCH~~

I saw your lost dog poster at the pet shop on the corner of Minquan East and Linsen North Roads. Could you be a bit more specific about where in relation to Zhongshan North Road Section 2 the dog got lost? Especially which side of the road, and near which junction. Do you live near there? Does the Smiley know the area?

By the way I live not far away from there.

She got lost around Zhong Shan and Min-Tsu. An old lady told me that she saw Smiley there over a week ago. We searched for her but we didn’t see her… She doesn’t know that area at all. We took her there to take wedding photos. We live in Elephant mountain around 101 area. I’ve been searching around where we lost her, no signs of her at all. After so many days, I am guessing that she’s trying to head home. So she can be anywhere. People tell me that dogs have this instinct for directions. I hope it’s true. I still go out there to look for her every night and very early morning. If you can keep an eye out, we really appreciate it.

Minzu? That road intersects with Zhongshan North Road Section 3, not 2. So it was near St. Christopher’s Church, the Art Gallery and Zhongshan Soccer Stadium?

Most likely she has been taken in by somebody. If she didn’t have a chip or ID tag, your chances of finding her are slim, I’m afraid.

That’s what everybody says. but I’m not gonna give up. The old lady told me that she tried to help smiley, she could tell that she’s a lost dog. But she tried for a long time, Smiley wouldn’t get close to her. I gave the ad to every vet in all zhon zhan area. If someone took smiley in, they would take her to a vet to check if she’s sick or has any disease. Then the vet will let me know that someone took her. Well, that’s what I’m hoping for. I am still sending more ads to every vet in Taipei city and posting them on the streets everywhere, hoping someone would see it.

Call your friend.
In addition to vets, poster the pet stores, pet supply stores, and grooming salons.
Also check (in person) the pound in NeiHou.

Im trying to think of lost and found chinese sites…

never give up…they do turn up when you least expect it!

www.kijiji.com.tw

You know those illegal cable ads? Some time ago, someone lost their dog and put an ad there. I do not think it is expensive, and if I ever -knock on wood- suffer taht tragedy, I would do that. Massive audience.

Thank you for everyone’s help and support, Smiley is finally home after 2 weeks of searching and worrying.
She walked into an amusement park the day after she got apart from us, a nice staff ,Mr. Lin, saw her walking by herself with the collar on, he knew she must be a lost dog. He took smiley home to take care of her and put her pictures on the website of the amusement park.
A sweet lady saw my ad online few days ago and happened to get on the park’s website yesterday. She called me up and told me about the website. What a coincident!
I went to pick up Smiley today from Mr.Lee’s house.His family was very nice to her. She smells good and was well fed. Another word, Smiley took a little vacation =^.^=
We’re very happy that we get her back.And yes, we are going to get her a chip. I am also glad that we never gave up! Thank you again for everything you’ve done! We really appreciate it!

Great to hear a happy ending.

Ha! Found it. (Edit 23 November: link no longer valid.)

Glad that worked out. May I suggest you write a letter to a newspaper saying what a nice person this Mr. Lin is. It might inspire other people to do the same.

Taipei Municipal Children’s Recreation Center

What a great outcome to this story :slight_smile:

awwwwwwwww I’m so happy for you!

Please try and find time to take down your “lost dog” notices. I have already taken down three - two at pet shops on Linsen North Road near the Minquan East Road junction and one at my regular vet clinic on Chengde Road near the Jinxi Street junction. Then people can concentrate on helping find other dogs that really are still lost.

And give Smiley a chip, won’t you?