Missing, found alive! (Thamluang cave rescue)

I don’t think all western societies are the same. In fact many have huge differences.

What happened was they got trapped so.wrre pushed further and deeper into the cave.
Now we know the coach shouldn’t have ignored the signs some has some responsibility for sure as an adult. Suing him is not going to achieve anything though.

I know the coach is to blame but I can’t help but feel a little bit of sympathy for him as he’s only 25 years old. But maybe that’s my extended adolescence talking. What kind of warnings did he have? To be totally honest the idea of it flooding and trapping people inside would not even cross my mind.

Warning signs were posted by the entrance.

They were posted and hes definitely the responsible adult of the group.
Still from the reports it seems he was a good bloke and they have a great team spirit. If it was my Kid he brought in of course I would be angry but to me the coach sounds like a big kid himself.

1 Like

Since we are playing the blame game, why not blame the parents? After all, they are ultimately responsible for entrusting their children to this coach. They should have known where they were going, what they would be doing and the dangers involved, including being aware it is monsoon season and that cave floods.

Hell, while we are at it, let’s blame the government too. Why didnt they completely close the cave off?

Let’s not play the blame game and instead teach ourselves and our children to be smarter, more observant, aware, mindful and cautious.

I am sure when the coach learns of the death he will have even more guilt added to his already large guilt he must be shouldering for getting them into this. I think that is enough for a lesson to be learned by all.

I sincerely hope they get out alive. We have so many great minds working on this. Even Elon Musk is sending his best and brightest engineers to help.

1 Like

They’re more forgiving than I’d be.

They just want their kids out, of course. My fear is there are too many people getting involved. Good intentions, but muddying the waters and consuming oxygen.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dmHoc4E-qA

Looks like theyre trying to make a move soon.

Towards the end of the video they mention the possibility of using inflatable tubes that the boys can crawl through instead of actually swimming in the water. (apparently also suggested by elon musk).

3 Likes

Let’s hope these tubes are more reliable than Musk’s Space X rockets.

Operation to rescue has started this afternoon but could take several days, hopefully all goes as planned.

2 Likes

His rockets are rated the most reliable in the industry I believe.

1 Like

Didn’t a few of them malfunction upon launch?

It’s normal in the space industry to have some malfunctions.

It’s not like riding a bus.

3 Likes

Buses malfunction too.

1 Like

They don’t usually catastrophically explode on take off on the way to the moon.

1 Like

No, they drive off of cliffs, killing like 40-50 at a time … or catch fire!

Yeah but how often?
1 in 10 times you take it out for a spin?

Here’s a live link for those Thai speakers amongst us. Chok dee!

BBC is reporting 2 boys have been rescued. Awaiting official confirmation.

Have confirmation now.

‘Two kids are out’ - Thai official
More from the local Thai official quoted by Reuters in the previous post.

Tossathep Boonthong, chief of Chiang Rai’s health department and part of the rescue team, says: "Two kids are out. They are currently at the field hospital near the cave.

“We are giving them a physical examination. They have not been moved to Chiang Rai hospital yet.”