Missing Person, David Allan Broderick, “Dave”, Canadian

The only thing I can think of to do is to go to Green Island and confront his ex-wife. In a non-threatening manner, of course. If that’s not feasible then the only alternative is to accept the loss.

Wife lives back at their place in Taidong.
Moped was found in Hualien
Surveillance showed moped in parking lot, 2 cars stopped with 2 men in each car getting out (4 total), 5 guys going into the 2 cars.
This is from the wife not fact.

Will never except the loss until I find the truth

2 Likes

Keep going.
It is kind of like MIA in any war.
Family needs closure.

1 Like

Did you already post to chinese facebooks for searching missing persons?

No I have not

It’s on quite a few Facebook groups. Not sure if it’s on any Chinese focused groups.

Mystery seems to deepen. I asked in Taichung and also a PADI Instructor from Taichung, but sorry they have never heard of him. Thought there may be a chance within the diving guys but …sorry.

1 Like

@Davesbrother

Have you thought about hiring a PI in Taiwan?

https://union-investigation.com.tw/en/index.html

Do you recommend them @Andrew0409?

Locating people. |14〜60 Office Day|
Level 1 60,000
Level 2 120,000
Level 3 See quotation

That’s about U$2000 or U$4000

At this stage I wouldn’t put a lot of trust in what the wife says. In fact, I wouldn’t believe a single word.

I have not used them, but they have seems to offer services in English, have branches in different cities such as taichung, and says finding missing persons is one of the things they do.

One chinese facebook group.

Chinese post may be better, but many people may read english.

I also asked a padi diver in the Philippines but they did not know him by name . I think it’s going to be a methodical , retracing historical movements . It’s hard from the USA , I understand , which is why maybe some Media interest may help get a few clues . As they say , somebody must know something … just be patient and keep at it .

1 Like

Thanks for trying, he has his padi license…other divers verified that for me. Said it was a small group of foreigners that taught there for scuba diving. They did not know him either. My brothers wifes brother owns his own scuba diving shop/business…I was told.

A few people have recommended hiring a detective/private investigator. A lady at the consulate here in Canada is going to get me names of some reputable ones. Still a little costly for me.

Why not contact the wife directly yourself? Her story just doesn’t add up. Go to her as a concerned brother. Hearing it from her directly can also help you know if she is hiding any truths.

Since you’re not here and you’re limited to mostly english speakers here, it might be hard to get much and you potentially miss out on clues from people who would know. Not sure how much you can get done by yourself past just posting things online and hoping another foreigner sees it. I think PIs could persuade the police and others to check CCTV and such, you are most likely never going to have access to that.

1 Like

Multi prong approach:

1. Canadian Office - carries lots of weight
  2. Maybe a PI. Not too keen but depends on what they can actually do.