Missing Person, David Allan Broderick, “Dave”, Canadian

Would you reccomend the plane to Green Island?
Yes/no with reasons please
Boat is 20th plane is 19th maybe

if you don’t care about price, the plane is a puddle-jumper.
takeoff , plateau, and get ready to land all in a few minutes. fun flight if windy.
i have done :rowing_man: ride. 40-50 minutes.
ride on the top level and stand so you can bend your knees if wavy. be prepared for locals chewing betelnuts and ultimately puking.

Plane’s great fun, but I’m not sure if you’ll be able to book a seat so discussion could be moot.

Heading down to plane early tomorrow to see if any seats otherwise boat on 20th
Hoping typhoon scared ppl off

2 Likes

You are going to Green Island, not Penghu. But still, I have reservations about flying in stormy weather, especially with Typhoons in the vicinity.

1 Like

It should be long gone, need to check the location.

2 Likes

Seems like one of those deals where if the plane goes, you go

1 Like

The boat ride may be safer overall.

The plane used is a twin otter. Think they got four of them to replace three decades old dorkier 228 planes.

They have actually done well with the dorniers and think there were few incidents given the challenging conditions at these offshore tiny airports.

However the twotters have already twice at least left the runway on landing in cross winds in the last few years.

Once at orchid island and once at kaohsiung.

Not sure if the pilots are not as familiar with the Twotter or these planes are not good in cross winds. Not that they haven’t had a few incidents with the dorniers

Daily air is not as well run as it could be .

1 Like

20190719_102022

62 Likes

Awesome . That was worth the trip in itself .:blush:

4 Likes

Priceless

4 Likes

Beautiful and truly touching after all you both have been through.

2 Likes

Happy for you and your entire family! This makes the trip worth it.

2 Likes

sorry can only give 1 :heart:, else you’d get a lot more.

2 Likes

Has there been a more loved post? Would discobot know?

2 Likes

I’m at work and that pic brought a tear to this old salty dog

4 Likes

I think that what you have done is amazing. I hope that is the first of a million hugs she gets from your family.

5 Likes

Worth the journey for that alone. Your bro would be proud.

7 Likes

That photo’s set a new record for likes and deservedly so. Heartwarming on steroids!

2 Likes

I am at the international airport, ready to head home.
I did not get all the answers I was hoping for.
I seem to have lost a brother, but I have gained a niece, sister-in-law and other family and friends in Taiwan.
I wanted to thank everybody for everything and anything you did along this journey, whether it was monetary, directions, recommendations, words of encouragement or even just a heart on one of my posts.
I am truly thankful I came here and got some closure.
My sister-in-law said she will bring Amber to Canada to see the rest of her family here.
Thank You
20190719_122114

42 Likes