Misunderstood and stateless in Hong Kong (CNN article)

[quote]Misunderstood and stateless in Hong Kong: A transgender woman’s nightmare

My name is Eliana Rubashkyn and I was born in Bogotá, Colombia. I’m a trained pharmacist and speak five languages fluently, and until recently, I was studying for an MBA in Health Administration in Taiwan on a government scholarship. I also used to be a man.

Last year, I was forced to travel to Hong Kong to renew my passport because of my altered gender. Hong Kong – a one-hour flight away – is the nearest Colombian consulate from Taiwan. The trip was also necessary to allow me to apply for the second year of my graduate degree.

Little did I know my life would be turned upside down when I boarded that plane.

Full article: edition.cnn.com/2014/09/05/world … ?hpt=hp_c6[/quote]

Giving us the “Little did I know my life would be turned upside down when I boarded that plane.” is a load of cattle scat and you know it.

It’s an AIRPORT, and in this day and age, trying to pass yourself off as something different than your passport, even if you wish to live that way, is going to throw up some red flags - PERIOD. For ANYONE, not just transgendered people.

You keep tossing about the terms “altered gender” and “changing your
sex” - completely different things and you know it. You said you had to
renew your passport because of your altered gender - we are not 本人, we
know exactly what that means - aesthetic changes.

Simple solution - put on some male clothes, tie the hair in a ponytail, take off the makeup, and walk on through.

Nice copy-paste. Or are you the same person who posted the comment over there?

Maybe she made a mistake but people are showing their true color by blaming the victim. Hong Kong could easily have made some phone calls to verify that she was indeed on a government scholarship in Taiwan.