MOE's Taiwanese (Min Nan) online dictionary

I didn’t see this information when I did a search, so I thought I post it for anyone who’s learning/interested in Min Nan.

According to the MOE’s news thread, they started this Min Nan online dictionary last year.

For a beginner like me, I especially appreciate the audio files. Every possible syllable and tone has audio samples. Additionally, every word and phrase in the dictionary includes audio files, enabling you to hear the complicated tone sandhi.

[quote=“Steve4nLanguage”]I didn’t see this information when I did a search, so I thought I post it for anyone who’s learning/interested in Min Nan.

According to the MOE’s news thread, they started this Min Nan online dictionary last year.

For a beginner like me, I especially appreciate the audio files. Every possible syllable and tone has audio samples. Additionally, every word and phrase in the dictionary includes audio files, enabling you to hear the complicated tone sandhi.[/quote]

It certainly isn’t started last year.

There has been a Taiwanese Holo dictionary since A-bian and DPP era, when Ma took over, somehow he thought changing the name from Taiwanese Holo to Min-Nan makes the dictionary better. If yu look at the URL, you can still see the original holodict name.

But anyway, it is a useful tool. It also uses Tailo, which is the form of spelling that I prefer.

Other Taiwanese holo dictionaries I find really useful, but not in English, and generally in POJ:
Characters Dictionary
ip194097.ntcu.edu.tw/TG/jitian/tgjt.asp

Words Dictionary
ip194097.ntcu.edu.tw/iug/Ungian/ … Taihoa.asp

Taiwanese holo dictionary from Japanese period
taigi.fhl.net/dict/

I am certain if you use Tailo to search for terms in the first two dictionaries, it works just fine. But the result are all in POJ.