MOKUBOKU,by far the best japanese restaurant in taichung

Sorry kenji,your food is ace too…

my colleague,Kenji,japanese chef himself,invited me to try a new place that opened 1 month ago,
the head chef at MOKUBOKU is the brother of another of our chefs,so we were welcomed like VIPs by the boss,and the team did make sure we sampled the best of what they had that day.
pricewise,i’m unable to tell how expensive it was as we shared the bill,but i think we got a “special” discount due to our relations.

the style is awesome,fresh,clean,modern feel.

the boss will talk with you about his passion for good wines and good food,they do source some hard to find ingredients,which make it a very special place to go to.

downstairs you can eat at the counter,if you are a larger group,you’ll go to 1st floor where they have 2 rooms with traditional tables where you have to sit on the floor.

then they have the VIP room on the 2nd floor,i haven’t seen it, but the rooms on the 1st floor look already pretty cool,so i expect that VIP hideout to be pretty special.

i can only give you the tel number for now,as i have not been given the adress,but i will add it soon

04-22581106

[quote=“dablindfrog”]pricewise,i’m unable to tell how expensive it was as we shared the bill,but i think we got a “special” discount due to our relations.[/quote]Well, what kind of range are we talking about? 300NT? 3000NT?

i paid 1.500 for 6 course menu with a world class bordeau wine and plenty of whiskey.

i’ll get a menu very soon

actually the concept is even better than the food…
there isn’t a menu!

you turn up and tell the chef how much you want to eat for,and depending on your budget they’ll serve you the freshest they have,that’s the best way of cooking,and i know a thing or two about cooking…