Mom says the end of the world is coming

OK, I am Taiwanese but I don’t believe in that crap.

Just the other day Mom started saying that they (her group of people who practice that Godness Gong thing) were told by their guardian spirits that there is going to be a world-wide disease soon, and many people will be suffering from that. She wants us (Dragonbones and me) to practice the gong with her, so we will be safe and fine. Originally, I thought that both my father and my brother didn’t believe her gong stuff at all, but they even went with her to the place where they practice last night!

Before she got involved with this group, I have to admit, she wasn’t that happy and positive towards her life. Now everytime when she talks about her weird religion, I just remain quiet and listen because I want to be polite and respect her own choice. And now she’s somehow forcing me to join her group?

“This is the only request from me for your relationship.” :fume: No right for you to do that, woman. :fume: :fume: :fume: :fume:

“You have to practice with me or either of you might be suffering.”
“I am only telling you about this because you’re my family and I want to make sure you’re fine, so don’t tell others about it.”
“Philosophy is all about these mysterious and ‘empty’(or something like that) things, just like my gong, don’t you know? (I am a philosophy major)” :fume: :loco: :fume: :loco: :noway: :fume: :loco:

What the f*ck is that?!

That’s funny – my mom says the end of the world is coming too.

Really.

Charismatic Catholic (3rd order Discalced Carmelite), in my case…

The end of the world IS coming. Nothing wrong with being spiritually ready. There’s something wrong with telling others that you should be spiritually ready just like them.

Yup. It’s coming. Always was, and always will be. Don’t have a clue when and don’t care-much.

My brothers and father have been preparing me since childhood for the coming of the great white handkerchief. Sadly I can’t get a reservation to go watch. Hmmph.

I thought that was the end of the entire Universe. Oh well, the viltvodlians might have a point for us all to consider.

With regard to the OP, Europe has been suffering from the curse of the “You have to practice with me or either of you might be suffering” concept ever since that twerp Constantine chose a bizarre death cult to be the new state religion.

People have been saying “the end is coming” from time immemorial. And without fail, the dates they set pass without event. Remember Y2K?

Yeah but one day, some poor shocked loon will be right!

Meanwhile, for some of the Falun Gong, the end is nigh, one organ at a time.

Report into organ harvesting of FLG folks (PDF file)

Just goes to show, just because your a complete frigging loony, doesn’t mean there aren’t people trying to cut you into little pieces.

HG

Got anything you want to give away? :dance:

You should listen to your Mother.

Sounds like I got a new reason to go drinking tonight.

But I promise to be be a good boy when I come home tonight.

Well, tonight Mom knocked on my door.

I opened the door.

Mom: Did you mention that to him(Dragonbones)?

I: Yes. And we won’t go.

Mom: You sure? You are not going?

I: Yes. We won’t go.

Mom: What a stubborn couple!

Mom left.

:noway: :astonished: :noway: :astonished: :noway: :loco: :loco:

Em, I didn’t know it was THAT easy.
:smiley:

[quote=“Dragonbabe”]Well, tonight Mom knocked on my door.

I opened the door.

Mom: Did you mention that to him(Dragonbones)?

I: Yes. And we won’t go.

Mom: You sure? You are not going?

I: Yes. We won’t go.

Mom: What a stubborn couple!

Mom left.

:noway: :astonished: :noway: :astonished: :noway: :loco: :loco:

Em, I didn’t know it was THAT easy.
:smiley:[/quote]

It is. Well played!

Dragonbabe,
Are you sure it is a good idea to discuss family matters (especially making your Mum look bad) on a public forum? Bad form I think. No need to let strangers know about this stuff; just keep it among friends. You must have come under the influence of an evil foreigner. :wink:

Fine with me. I’m ready to meet good ole Jesus. I got a few questions for Him. For starters, where is Jimmy Hoffa’s body at?

:laughing: :bravo:

What are you talking about?! :unamused:

Shhhhh!:stuck_out_tongue:

:wink:

The end of the world is NOT coming. The end of humankind is!