Momo card

Is it worth to get a momo card? How much trouble it is to get one? Are foreigners allowed to take one?

What is it?

Probably some credit card that has momo discounts?
e.g.

2 Likes

It seems like credit cards are usually a pain. Probably more so for something like this

You can probably get one but you’ll have to apply in person at whatever bank issues them, if they allow that and they likely do. Foreigners are only restricted from signing up online.

Its a Fubon credit card. They tend to be a little more foreigner friendly for stuff like credit cards so you could apply and see what happens. In terms of difficulty to apply for cards for foreigners, I’d personally rank Fubon as middle of the road. Chinatrust and Cathay tend to be easier to get, but I’d try my luck OP. I don’t have any bad opinions about Fubon personally.

1 Like

Did not think it is a credit card. In that case, won’t go for it.

It’s 5% cash back if you’re shopping on momo. I applied and got one without guarantor.

This is terrible advice.

Go to the website of whichever bank issues the card, print the paper application form. Fill it out and post it with supporting docs.

Use google translate if you need and wherever it says 身份證 just pretend it says ARC

More often than not you’ll receive a card in the mail after a few weeks.

Here you go

When you speak to a person, yes. When you post the application, it’s usually fine excluding HSBC. Skip the middle man, post the application :blush:

2 Likes

That does not sound terribly convenient. Post stuff? In the mail? That is so 1990s.

It’s either that or waste even more time going to the branch and being refused for no reason :man_shrugging:

I’m just advising the path of least resistance.

Online credit card applications here are still a fantasy for foreigners. Except Amex

2 Likes