Mom's Refrigerator

Sandman:Moral indignation is a technique used to endow the idiot with dignity – Marshal McLuhan

nemesis: sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare

Tai Le Meiguoren: “We live and we learn. But, sadly, at different rates.”
-Alan Magid

Jellymister: Ideology is a specious way of relating to the world.
-Vaclav Havel

CRACKPOT: “How can we be considered a great power? China cannot even put a potato in space.”
– Chairman Mao, 1957

Picasso: Art is a lie that reveals the truth

Quirky: You know we’re never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy.

• Seal

monkey: The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.

• Herbert Spencer

Holger Nygaard: …In the realm of the blind the one-eyed man is king.

Maoman: The subject who is truly loyal to the Chief Magistrate will neither advise nor submit to arbitrary measures. - Junius

O’Brian: “Thus it is often said that Chinese are addicted to bragging, boasting, lying, equivocating, and worst of all, slandering others. For years Chinese have been going on about the supreme greatness of China, and making extravagant claims about how Chinese culture can make the world a better place to live in. But because these daydreams never come true, all of this is pure rubbish.” - Bo Yang, “The Ugly Chinaman”

But you’re sayin’… what are ya sayin’?

Hah! I can’t figure this one out either. Often the quote is longer than the post and how many times have I read about moral indignation!

Put in a quote by all means if it adds credence to what you’re saying but otherwise it’s a bit like driving big cars or smoking long cigars I guess.

Don’t take away my quote(which you’ve read 1,107 times as I just know you read every single one of my riveting posts)! Its my p.e.n.i.s substitute, since I can’t afford a red sports car.

And it has meaning – it means anyone who displays moral indignation is an idiot, so of course that doesn’t apply to ANY of you lot, does it?

Oops, I said the p word. Can I say willy instead? or wee-wee? Is wee-wee OK, daddy?

I display indignation, but not the moral kind since I am not an idiot, but a moron!

The more you post, the less you have to say.
– The sage of Shihlin

quote:
Originally posted by sandman: Oops, I said the p word. Can I say willy instead? or wee-wee? Is wee-wee OK, daddy?

Dear morally indignant one,

You can say ***** to your hearts content.
***** ***** ***** …
As long as you don’t use it to swear at anyone: “Wolf—you, you, you, ***** !”

But about these silly quotes. Hell, at least rotate them once in a while like my mom does.
Rudyard Kipling was only on the fridge for ten years or so.

There. Happy now?

quote[quote] You can't teach an old dog new tricks [/quote]

“i see,” said the blind man to his deaf dog…

I try to change them with different posts, but they don’t stick to a single post. I’ll have to post them inside the refrigerator instead.

“Great truth seems contradictory;
Great cleverness seems stupid;
Great eloquence seems awkward.”

Tao de Ching, Chp.45

One of my favorites:

“Time will tell
Shit will smell
Water seeks it’s own level”