Money Talks says TAIWAN, CHINA

I like his use of historical events to make a point. Japan attacking the US after taking over the South China Sea. Of course he does leave out the part where the US followed up on the attack by destroying the Japanese military and dropping a couple of atomic bombs. Not to mention the millions of people killed.

1 Like

funny how kaohsiung is becoming a stronghold for the ccp:p the interview he gave with new mayor k-fish was so awkward. he says his business decision was nothing political, so what’s the best thing he could think of, let a politician explain it to the press SMFH…

anyone walked by one of his stores today? any signs of slow business? i really wish so much dumbassery gets punished.

Lots of Taiwanese I know would probably just say “He’s a good businessman.”

Still this situation really sucks.

Guy

1 Like

probably. if i really liked his bread, i would probably still buy it. i would probably still eat chick-fil-a if i lived in the us regardless of what the ceo thinks about gay people.

but they handled this situation so typically taiwanese, marketing-wise they just screwed up everything. even if you liked his bread before, you really doubt this company’s integrity by now. like when they write (like all tw “good” companies) their product is totally free of artificial and chemical ingredients, you’re gonna think twice about that if you haven’t before.

1 Like

韓国瑜 who says “Taiwan, China” got a promise from 郭台銘 to invest more in Kaohsiung. People in Kaohsiung got what they wanted. Millions of more residents in that already well clouded city, more turists and more investments from China.

Now that the public is so much into China, maybe calling Taiwan as Province of China can be more in line with the public sentiments.

I think you are confusing Kaohsiung with Taipei. : D

Guy

Did you ever try it, and the other stuff they make? Not worth the money!

Corrected that for you.

Is it true that Din Tai Fung offers better salaries? Every time I’ve been there, the service people are top notch. That would be a reason for me to patronize a place over another.

1 Like

Yep, and training and possibility to become manager due to performance. Those incentives are why when positions open there, thousands show up.

They ask a lot but give a lot. Among locals, they are considered good employers.

2 Likes

Yep, they pay very well, wait staff can make up to 60K/month. An acquaintance of mine works at their main office and told me.

1 Like

They seem to be very closed minded in the look and age of their employees though.

Luckily they don’t turn down customers that are wrinkled. Their dumplings are wrinkled tho.

3 Likes

Thats pretty commendable really. Many people with two MBA from US schools only make that much.

by comparison the kid working at mickey d in oakland makes as much as that a month. But hes in Oakland and has to pay US taxes. So its not comparable dollar for dolla.

taiwanese don’t do enough to punish these china cucks. take some action against him, boycott the store, protest outside, give a ton of bad reviews online. they might not like it but they are very apathetic when it comes to actually doing anything.

1 Like

If Taiwanese did this, ironically they would be more like Chinese folks nowadays!!!

I think Taiwanese get it, people need to make a living, etc. But the amount of bad will that the PRC is generating looks to me like something that will be very very hard to overcome in the foreseeable future. They have totally thrown the charm approach out the window…

Guy

no, if they did that to chinese business’s in taiwan they would be like chinese folk.
taiwanese actually don’t get it when they really should at this point. taiwan has been burnt the most but they still don’t see the dangers and chase the short term money over there.

This Taiwanese guy is the face of the Singaporean investment that’s what its all about. He probably got a big cash payment, bunch of stock upfront. Doubt he put a lot of his own Cash into it.