Monthly attendance bonus for Foreign English teachers working at public school to get cut

Probably its more about just being easier than firing slackers? I dont know the ins and outs of public school teachers rights but through the grapevine have heard its kind of hard to fire teachers. Easier to reward than punish perhaps? Pay normal wage and allow schools to fire teachers showing up late X amount of times annually. Seems like a win win.

Hmm maybe but apparently all teachers who was getting this will no longer get it at all. Moe makes contracts not the schools

Then a raise? Or is teachin salary already acceptable as per MOE levels?

You get raises every year you work already. So now they are cutting out the bonus it’s a bit like negating the raise

2 Likes

Its all about taxes.
They only report your base salary.
Something along those lines.

1 Like

It’s a public school though and the 2,000 bonus and the 1 month bonus are both taxed so I don’t think that’s right. I mean this going through a government agency (the MOE)

Somebody at the the top is trying to look good by saving money at your expense. That’s all it is.

1 Like

These English teachers pays taxes but they does not pay for themselves, you know?

Tighten ship. Cut fat bonus. Less moneys leave Taiwan simultaneous relievement of hard working voters golf caddys.

Win-win!