Moon (Mid autumn) Festival experiences

Hello,

I spent my first mid autumn festival in Taiwan and I must say I regret that they don’t do bbq more often here. I mean it was pretty hard to get the fire started (cause of the humid coal I think) but then I really felt like an aboriginal preparing his food the prehistoric way (especially if you take the enourmous low quality of the meat in account). I must say the squid was the most tasty (first time I had that stuff grilled) and few of our oyster exploded (still wonder why). Oh, and strangely there were no bugs. I think moon festival is fun.

I found out I like asparagus but only really when it’s barbecued.

some picture I took last night @ fong le sculpture park, taichung.

my son enjoyed the moment alot, esp with all the fireworks things. and the park was really crowded. people’s party.

The quality and variety of moon cakes gets better and better every year. I’ve getting through about twelve a day for the past three days.

This has to be a joke. :astonished:

I think moon cakes are given from one person to the next person and to the next person until it reaches the original recipient. I didn

You guys have just never had good ones yet.

I just spent the night lighting the 3 inch shells I had saved for a rainy day… (and the nike rockets too…)