Moorepark215

[quote]Looking for fluent English teachers with North-American accent (or other English speaking countries) teaching Adults English conversation or business classes in Taipei city (near Zhongxiao Xinsheng MRT).
Candidates are required to have R.O.C. citizenship and great working attitude. Inexperienced teachers are also welcome. We provide teaching material and training.

If you are interested or perhaps your friends do, please e-mail your resume and available time to milky.canada@msa.hinet.net

Hopefully to hear soon from you~

Christine @ Fluent Language Center[/quote]

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=22000

Anybody else met this lady? She hired me nearly two years ago, but the job was never as advertised and a lot of promises were made and never kept. Eventually I told her that I was going to have to find something else if she couldn’t give me the job she hired me for.

A couple of hours later one of the other teachers got a call telling him to tell me not to bother going in again. :unamused:

This was my second job in Taiwan, and moving on was the second best decision I ever made. Experience since then has taught me two things:

1. There are much better jobs out there
  2. Never trust your employer to pay the taxes they deduct from your wages. Gettong that money back was almost as hard as getting paid off when they fired me.

Advice to newbies: don’t bother with this one.

har-har!!

“If you are interested or perhaps your friends do”

and this person is recruiting for the " Fluent Language Center"??

“Candidates are required to have R.O.C. citizenship” - but are also required to have a " North-American accent (or other English speaking countries)". well, i guess they’re looking for an ABC or CBC? help me out here, but last i looked, we aliens can not get citizenship? unless we’re adopted?

anyway, very amusing. this ad has so many red flags, you’d have to be new or desperate to apply.

I believe that threads like this are very valuable. I have made this thread sticky (please don’t ask me how, it’s kinda nasty :laughing: ) and will leave it sticky for the next few days or until the AD in question is buried under other ADs.

[quote=“hank”] help me out here, but last i looked, we aliens can not get citizenship? unless we’re adopted?
[/quote]
Sure you can…and since you asked here’s a head’s up in the right direction…
[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … 521#230521](How to get Taiwan Citizenship - Primer, FAQ, and Resources

Just when I thought it was safe to unsticky…

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … 099#231099