[Moped] Join the Roadio Early Access Program~

Hey everyone – Roadio here!

We’re a Sanfransico start-up launching our product here in Taiwan~ (I’m based in Taiwan too~)

We are the world’s first dashcam system designed specifically to bring ADAS to mopeds, and we’re offering a special NT$3,480 discount for our Early Access Riders!

Roadio is compatible with almost all types of mopeds (including Gogoro – I have it installed on my own Gogoro S2), and we’ve partnered with several local moped shops ready to assist with installation. (Currently just Taipei, New Taipei and Taoyuan) Here’s why we think you’ll love it:

• Dual 4K HD cameras (front & rear)
  • Pairs with the Roadio app for iPhone (Android version coming soon!)
  • Always-on recording – a must for Taiwan’s roads to capture any bumps or scrapes
  • Live rearview camera feed
  • AI-powered alerts for hazards ahead and behind
  • Auto-creates video clips whenever an alert is triggered
  • Powered by your moped’s battery (just like a regular dashcam)

It’s like having Tesla-grade vision safety for your scooter!

The full Roadio system, including all hardware and 1 year of Roadio Pro (normally NT$3,000/year), is priced at NT$9,980. However, for our early-access riders, we’re offering it at NT$6,500 as we continue refining the system for Taiwan’s streets.
I completely understand that this is a very new system as well, so please feel free to drop me a message and I can introduce our system to you :grinning:

If you’re interested, we have a simple sign-up link: https://forms.gle/obCxsonJvpGkf3WN8

All we ask is that after 30 days of using Roadio, you share your feedback with us so we can keep improving.

Thanks, and ride safe!

I don’t know what is a moped.

1 Like

Here it would be a Green plate motorcycle.

It’s a term for a scooter or motorycle~ Bascially any 2-wheeler with an engine :smiley:

Is it a subscription?

Hi there,

Yes, we do offer a subscription service with our product. With Roadio Pro, you’ll have access to the full suite of safety features, cloud storage, and the latest upgrades.

That said, the basic dashcam functionality—like recording, GPS, and video saving—doesn’t require a subscription.

For early access riders, we’re currently offering a free year of Roadio Pro membership, so you can try it out and see how you like it!

Feel free to reach out if you have any more questions :raised_hands:

I’d always seen moped used to describe a small motorbike with pedals…thus the “ped.”

3 Likes

Yes that’s what it is in kiwiland

I have just been over the website trying to look at the hardware but it’s not giving much away.

What are the mounts like?
Technical specs etc?
Does it have a discreet mode for if I’m using my phone for navigation and speed camera alerts?
In fact does it have camera alerts?
It connects via cable to my phone, will it charge my phone also?
Are the install instructions in Chinese for my mechanic to fit?
When it say’s always recording, is that when the bike is switched off?
so if some one tampered with my bike when parked would that be captured?
What’s the draw on the battery if it’s always on?

I’m in the market for new cameras as I have killed the ones I have.

1 Like

Hi Shaun,

Thank you so much for the detailed questions! I’ve got the answers for you below :grin::

1. We use what you’d consider “standard” moped mounts for our cameras, which are essentially GoPro-style mounts.
  2. If you drop me an email at cameron@roadio.ai, I can send you our technical specification sheet.
  3. We have a display-in-display option for when you’re using another app.
  4. We don’t currently have Taiwan speed camera alerts built in, but it’s something we’re looking to include in future versions.
  5. Yes~ we charge your phone as well! However, as it’s also powering the Camera the charge rate is not that fast.
  6. We’ve got a full instruction manual in Chinese, and several stores that work with us can also assist with installation.
  7. The system records automatically when the bike is switched on. As you mentioned, a constant draw on the battery could lead to issues, so we’ve designed the system to avoid that.

We actually have a “try before you buy” policy for our early access riders. You can test it for a month, and if you’re not satisfied, we’ll gladly take it back.

If you’re open to it, I’d also love to give you a quick demo of the product if you’re in North Taiwan—sometimes getting hands-on is the best way to experience it!

Cheers,
Cameron

Used to be a motorized 2 wheeler that you could also pedal, ala the mopeds if the 70s and 80s. They were popular when I was a kid.

Now apparently the definition has changed to a motorized vehicle of less than 100cc.

Edit…I see you already thought that.

@RoadioTaiwan

Just to follow up from your reply and a couple of extra questions I have thought of since
(I will post them here so others can follow also)

From looking at the site and others online these seam to be stuck on with tape and no mechanical fixing, is that correct?

I have sent

do you have a screen shot of this showing how much screen space it takes

would be useful as one less app open on the phone screen.

understandable but if having navigation and speed camera apps open also it will need the extra juice

the manual is fine for me, but others may be interested in the location of the stores

that makes more sense may need an additional sub note on the site

Additional questions:

Do you have examples of actual video quality couldn’t see any on the site
(but I may have missed them)
What is it like at night time and low visibility/heavy rain?
How does the rider assistance cope at higher speeds (provisional highways etc)
How much data is being used and what happens if in the countryside and get a bad signal
If I had on 2 vehicles could I share the subscription between the two?

Nice offer, but not really viable for me as I will hide in the wiring loom on my motorcycle

Again nice offer but unfortunately I’m in Pingtung.

look forward to your reply

1 Like

Great questions~ working on getting back to you~

@Shaun008, you’ve got some great questions here—let me do my best to give more context!

We offer two options for mounting:

1. You can bolt the cameras directly onto your scooter by drilling into the panels or attaching them to a convenient fixture point.
  2. Alternatively, you can use the 3M VHB adhesive (included in the kit), which is less invasive for your vehicle’s body.

Check out the images here, you can make the display bigger or smaller depending on what you prefer~ (I was static when taking the screenshots haha, the weather might have been impacting my speedometer app!)

I

That’s right! If you have multiple apps running, the charging rate will slow down. In my experience, when running both Google Maps and Roadio, my phone still charges, but definitely more slowly. I haven’t personally tested it with three apps running at the same time yet.

Sure thing! Currently, we have stores in Taipei City, New Taipei City (Linkou, Zhonghe, Banqiao, Sanchong, Xinzhuang), and Taoyuan (Taoyuan City and Luzhu).

• I’ve sent you a video via email. For context, we save videos in two ways:
    1. Compressed files on your phone for quick review (so you can save and replay something instantly).
    2. Full 4K HEVC video on the SD card, which stores the high-quality footage.
  • As for night vision, we’re currently fine-tuning our system for Taiwan’s road conditions. When we first launched here, the night performance wasn’t up to our standards, so we’re optimizing it to be on par with brands like Polaroid, Pernis, and 大通. One of the cool things about our system is that we can roll out updates like this over-the-air (OTA) anytime! :smile:
  • Speed doesn’t affect our rider assistance or alerts because we use AI-powered computer vision for calculations, so you won’t face the same disruption you might get with radar. I often ride my Gogoro at 80-90 km/h with no issues. While I haven’t personally tested it on provisional highways yet, I’m confident it’ll work well there too.
  • Data usage is minimal unless you’re uploading or sending videos from the app. All the recording and alerts happen locally on the device, so you don’t need an internet connection for them to function.
  • Regarding the subscription across two vehicles, that’s a great question! We haven’t had it come up before, but I’m sure we can make an accommodation for that.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions.

I have just been looking at your reply and the information on the email, just a little info for anyone else who maybe following this.

This is more obvious when you see the what’s in the box page on the manual,
Can the cameras be mounted both horizontal and vertical?
(the cable coming out to the side limits how I could conceal the wiring)

I see the screen shots and it looks pretty reasonable
I also use that speed camera app, if you could integrate with that and Google or Apple Maps you would be on a winner in my book.

I have reviewed the video you sent and understand this is compressed and also may have additional compression for the email.

Its a little jumpy and the highlights have been blown out, but if there is an accident all the relevant details can be made out.

This is the part that worries me as I do ride at night and in the countryside where there are few street lights, also if this was my scooter not my motorcycle, there would be a lot of little trips around town in the evenings and thats where most accidents happen.

I currently have the 大通 PX YE1 which cost me about 6,000 fitted 1 year ago, it just sits in the background doing its job really can’t fault the video quality especially at night and was considering an upgraded version of this for my motorcycle.

What I’m replacing is the Conqueror Ai-733X PRO cost about 8,500 fitted 2.5 years ago, again video quality was good both day and night, then about 8months ago the front camera started getting foggy. This one is in the firing line when riding, so gets hammered with rain, dust and whatever else the road throws at it, then last month the whole lot went dead.

As I would have to strip it out to get an out of warranty repair, then put it all back in with a new front camera, I may as well just go with a new system and change it all in one go.

Thanks again for your comments, Shaun!

Currently, the cameras can only be mounted horizontally. You raise a good point about the side wiring, and I’ll definitely pass that feedback to our team for improvements.

I completely agree! We’re working towards integrating Google Maps, but it might take a few more months before it’s available in Taiwan.

Thanks again for your feedback! We’re adjusting our tuning to better handle the lighting conditions in Taiwan. Hopefully, we can make the highlights more discernible in the future.

I completely understand your concern. Night mode is currently our top priority for rollout in Taiwan. We’ve collected a number of samples from mountain roads with low light and night market streets for benchmarking. As of now, I’ve included a screenshot of our current nighttime performance below.

One thing I’d like to mention is our 360° camera view. As you can see in the image, the white Corolla Cross stays “in frame” from both the front and back (this is from the SD card):

I’m sorry to hear about your system going down. I’ve heard great things about the Conqueror, and I’ve personally used the 大通 system as well, which is a soild product.

Our aim is to be super reliable and transparent with our customers, so if you run into any issues like this with Roadio, we’ll make sure you’re taken care of.

Let me know if you have any more questions!