More Blasts in London: 21 July

Just caught the tail end of Star News. More Blasts.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4703777.stm

Been watching BBC. Three explosions on trains and one on a bus. The explosions were small and there was a smell of burning rubber afterward, leading a couple of people to speculate that only the detonators went off. Were the explosives poorly mixed? Did the explosives just slowly burn rather than explode? I’m wondering why a terrorist would bomb trains or buses at a time of the day when hardly anyone is on them.

sounds like more of a copy-cat prank than anything. Either that or the terrorists are just jerking chains.

[quote=“truant”]sounds like more of a copy-cat prank than anything. Either that or the terrorists are just jerking chains.[/quote]Nah, I think the consequences that someone would face would deter them from doing this as a prank or just to scare people. Keep in mind that every time a terrorist cell bombs anything, whether people die or not, the police have a new trail of evidence. I think most terrorists would want to make it count rather than risk getting caught just to scare people.

The BBC just reported that amidst high drama in Whitehall, a man was just arrested. I’m sure the US could find a bunk for him at Gitmo if London so desires. :wink:

CNN calling them “attempted explosions”

sky.com/skynews/article/0,3 … 33,00.html

other news…

[quote]NEW LONDON TERROR ALERT

Bombers have again targeted London’s transport system - with up to four explosions reported.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair said the bombs appeared to be smaller than used in the attacks two weeks ago but advised people to “stay where you are”.

Passengers reported one blast at Warren Street station off Tottenham Court Road in central London.

There has also been an incident on a bus in Hackney, East London.

Stations at Warren Street, Oval and Shepherd’s Bush have been closed.

Scotland Yard have confirmed there is an incident involving armed police officers at University College Hospital in Bloomsbury close to Warren Street station.

A man was also arrested by armed police at the gates of Downing Street.

An internal memo to staff at the hospital has warned them to be on the lookout for a black male, possibly of Asian origin, about 6ft 2ins tall, wearing a blue top with wires protruding from the rear of the top.

Police officers in chemical protection suits have been seen appearing to enter Warren Street, where British Transport Police say one person has been injured.

A initial chemical search at Oval station has proved negative.

Sir Ian told reporters at Scotland Yard the incidents were “serious”.

There appeared to have been a series of explosions or attempted explosions. He urged Londoners to “stay where you are and go about your normal business” for the time being.

The Prime Minister will make a statement shortly.

[/quote]

Oh, more bombs? That was “so” two weeks ago.

Yes, and so ineffective this time…but I’m sure that’s part of the terrorists plan :loco: …horrific/flacid/hopefully horrific…

I feel so terrorised…not.

sight
clear
trigger
end

Go Brits! :rainbow:

Well, looks like since they’ve tightened security in the U.S., the U.K. is the #2 target. Time to tighten security in Britain, I suppose. Then once the terrorists can’t get onto the island, they hit target #3…I predict bombs in Paris next (France has the biggest Muslim population in the Western world).

Tighten Security? So that will stop so called terrorists?
7/7 is perfect for Blair to carry on with his ID card policy, even when his home secretary admitted 2 weeks ago that ID cards wouldn’t have stopped 7/7.
What about Introducing something like the stalinesque US patriot act?
How does the government wanting to know what you read from the library, going to stop some some bandit in a cave in pakistan?

The patsy’s were/are British anyway, which helps blair makes introducing the ID card thing look more legit.

The whole 7/7 thing has more holes in it that a chicken wire fence.

“You have more chance of being struck twice by lightening on the same day than being killed by a terrorist.” (Alex Jones, radio broadcast 7/22/05)

Oh and Blair lies, so whatever he says question it.
Who Benefits from the whole thing?

NO TO NAZI ID CARDS.

Aye, especially at over 150 pounds per pop (charged directly to the cardholder). A mandatory requirement at personal expence which will be useless at deterring terrorist activities but excellent at improving a nanny state.

[quote=“cake”]Tighten Security? So that will stop so called terrorists?
7/7 is perfect for Blair to carry on with his ID card policy, even when his home secretary admitted 2 weeks ago that ID cards wouldn’t have stopped 7/7.
What about Introducing something like the stalinesque US patriot act?
How does the government wanting to know what you read from the library, going to stop some some bandit in a cave in Pakistan?

The patsy’s were/are British anyway, which helps Blair makes introducing the ID card thing look more legit.

The whole 7/7 thing has more holes in it that a chicken wire fence.

“You have more chance of being struck twice by lightening on the same day than being killed by a terrorist.” (Alex Jones, radio broadcast 7/22/05)

Oh and Blair lies, so whatever he says question it.
Who Benefits from the whole thing?

NO TO NAZI ID CARDS.[/quote]
You know, I hear they faked the moon landing and that Dubya and Blair are actually Lizardmen from Alpha Centauri too.

Tetsuo - one of the beautiful SHEEPLE.

If there’s anyone who’s not “sheeple”, it’s Tetsuo.

One thing that really struck me is a report I saw on CNN of two sisters who were survivors of the first blast, and were relatively seriously injured. They were interviewed in the hospital and asked if they hated their attackers. They said no, that they prayed for them and felt sorry for them, because they couldn’t fathom what could cause them to do something so horrific. They said they weren’t angry at all.

Compare that kind of calm, rational, and compassionate reaction after being on the receiving end of that kind of brutal, heartless, evil attack, compared with the terrorists when they get attacked or an innocent civilian occasionally gets killed in a Muslim country. We’re talking about a very different set of values and upbringings here. After seeing the demeanor of those two young women and what they said, made me realize perhaps one civilization truly is “better” than another.