More Indians own property in London than Englishmen

That’s karma for you imperialist swine.

2 Likes

What’s your point for this?

Did the average Englishman alive today colonise any other countries?

Or is this more pan-asian nationalism that would feel at home with the likes of aznidentity?

Who cares if people of Asian descent own houses in the UK? Good for them. if it works out and people improve their standing, what more can anyone ask for? It’s not a competition.

2 Likes

Just a joke, I don’t really care, beyond thinking it’s interesting.

You’ve opened numerous topics like this. It reeks of aznidentity victim complex. Remember the topic about the asian guy and the white celebrity girl?

But… Just a joke bro. Right?

That’s not really the story, the story is not owning houses, its owning more than the people actually from that country. People should care, its a pretty clear message that in my case your own country is being whored out by its government, and that our national identify is worthless and is being sold down the river. It’s pretty sad to see.

2 Likes

Ah so xenophobia.

1 Like

Not intentionally but I do find your framing of the issue funny.

But also, do you find that the title “all growed up” was meant to be serious?

Pretty strong words there, so am i free to sling insults back your way then or will it be an insta ban? Yea, we already know the answer.

Don’t throw stones if you live in a glass house.

1 Like

I just googled aznidentity. I can’t tell just by looking at the subreddit what that’s all about, but I do see a lot of whining and moaning by Asians online.

I think @marco was out of line with suggesting you were xenophobic here, but there’s no need to answer in kind. Don’t worry about a ban, worry about being the better man.

I see the humor, but I had British grandparents

National identity is by its nature dynamic, but if more Indians than English own homes in London, and assuming there are other nationalities in the mix, one wonders what percentage of homeowners in London are British citizens, and how many are ethnically English.

It is very fashionable to harp on the colonialism of the past. People should be allowed to joke about or question the present. Shutting everything down with accusations of xenophobia or racism is unacceptable.

2 Likes

I thought i did show restraint lol.

4 Likes

Calling out a belief as xenophobic is not an insult.

Are you criticising an idea, an action or something I said? Then yes, feel free to as you say, sling it back. I certainly won’t be taking it personally. I already made my thoughts clear in another thread.

You, think it is a compliment?

It isn’t either. It is a criticism of an idea.

I did no such thing.

2 Likes

That’s the way he and I both took it, thank you for your clarification

1 Like

No problems. I shall be clearer in the future.

1 Like

Well educated professionals are sought out everywhere it should come as no surprise they are generally well financed as well which is kind of important if you emigrate to another country.

For people to then note the Indian community in general own more property than than “Englishmen” placed in quotes as many Indians are now Englishmen themselves, is not surprising either, UK property has sky high prices for anyone to buy.

Not so easy for the English to finance buying a home these days.

1 Like

The biggest landowner in Oregon is billionaire Chinese video gaming magnate Tianqiao Chen

Homeless in Portland, Oregon.

As if rich Hindu had problem in British Empire. They were quite instrumental to its creation.

2 Likes