More Mental Retardation from the MOE

From the China Post
http://www.chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/2007/09/07/121557/The-joke's.htm

The “ideas” that come out of the Ministry of Education really do defy any logic.

2 Likes

i’ve tried to make jokes a part of some (conversation classes), but for the most part, you get students memorizing something they (and often I) can’t begin to comprehend. no one laughs because for the most part the punch line is butchered and delivered in a monotone.

that said, the MOE does come up with a few doozies …

xtrain wrote: [quote]but for the most part, you get students memorizing something they (and often I) can’t begin to comprehend.[/quote]

BINGO! Nothing wrong with jokes and songs, but any test requirement would just lead to students doing more rote learning - the very thing they claim they want to move away from.

God! Bad enough being saddled with a tour guide without having them trying to tell jokes and singing at you!

“So Tu Cheng-sheng is appointed Minister of Education…”

That’ll have 'em rolling in the aisles, I guaranteed ya.

1 Like

There’s a market here people.

We could teach all these students to do Robin Williams “on golf” or something like that.

does anyone have the list of approved jokes?

1 Like

A deep grave dig tonight to affirm, sadly, that stupity in the Ministry of Education is alive and well.

Talk about shooting your selected scholarship students in the back. It’s infuriating.

Guy

3 Likes

Infuriating, but not at all surprising …

She’s still relatively young. Before too long she’ll learn that in Taiwan things should remain as they are. Even if they’re so contradictory that you hurt your brain trying to understand why.

I hope she does not learn that lesson. Push and get things changed instead, as many people—including Indigenous folks here—have done.

Guy

1 Like