More MSG please

You might be right , as I was saying in my previous post eating Chinese food in the UK gave me headaches I was told by non medical people that it was the MSG however correlation does not prove causation. It might have been the high sugar causing headaches or something else or a combination. The food there is anglosized which means lots of sugar. Really delicious though but the headaches were too intense.

All this MSG talk is giving me a headache. Kind of like headaches some people get when they eat too much MSG.

3 Likes

28ccb7c958cdef4e3ab1c30a551c0d8e10c7032e_hq

giphy

1 Like

No MSG no good; that’s my motto

1 Like

Im not the best person to ask this. It’s probably cheaper to make ravioli in Italy than to make dumplings.

It’s not really a premium food imo. It can be, but it’s cheap food mostly. Just outside of Italy people think it’s premium.

I add fish sauce to add umami flavor, a good way to get it without MSG.

1 Like

Is that the one where he makes instant noodle gnocchi?

Fish sauce technically has natural MSG

3 Likes

Haha, I’m not sure what this one is from. I love how he pushes instant noodles in recipes though

No wonder it’s so delicious!

2 Likes

Explained totally, what is MSG aka glutamate flavoring:

Glutamate flavoring is a generic name for the flavor-enhancing compounds based on glutamic acid and its salts (glutamates). These compounds provide an umami (savory) taste to food.

Glutamic acid and glutamates are natural constituents of many fermented or aged foods, including: soy sauce, fermented bean paste, and cheese. They can also be found in hydrolyzed proteins such as yeast extract. The sodium salt of glutamic acid, monosodium glutamate (MSG) is manufactured in a large scale and widely used in the food industry.’

MSG isn’t unhealthy for you, but Chinese restaurant food definitely is.

We had lunch at Three Coins today. Yum! Best Peking Duck I’ve ever had.

Incredible value - 3500NT for 5 people. If they use MSG I say more please.

anyone been to one of his restaurants? is he a real chef or just a crook who knows how to exploit social media?

Crook Cook?

aren’t they all crooked?

I haven’t been to his restaurants, but I own his cookbook momofuku and the recipes are legit. He’s a real chef. I’ve also been reading his now defunct magazine the Lucky peach for years. Great stuff

He’s a real chef. He’s on a few shows and he cooks up interesting stuff that you wouldn’t see most traditional chefs try to do. I appreciate him also exposing non European food in a different light.

I think one of this restaurants has a Michelin Star.

1 Like
1 Like