More Strange Quotes from Bush

Well, many people may have been wondering why Bush attacked Iraq and he recently gave his reason on Larry King Live. I wish I were making this stuff up, but he really said this:

Speaking about the American people:
Bush: “But they’re also beginning to understand my deep desire to spread liberty around the world as a way to help secure our country in the long run.”

Really? Attacking Iraq was Bush’s way to “spread liberty around the world?” He went after one nation which he thought could be easily defeated and this is his way to “spread liberty?” I actually thought that Bush went after Iraq because he supposedly believed that country had wmds. Apparently, I was wrong.

Bush’s delusion continues:
Bush: “But I will argue that Saddam Hussein out of power has made the world a better place and a safer place.”

How is the world a safer place if the man had no wmds? With no weapons, Hussein was not a threat. So, how has getting rid of him made the world safer place?

Bush is clearly a man in his own world. Luckily, come November, he will be back on the ranch and Kerry and Edwards will be in charge of the “real” world, not the one in Bush’s fantasy land.

[quote=“cableguy”]Well, many people may have been wondering why Bush attacked Iraq and he recently gave his reason on Larry King Live. I wish I were making this stuff up, but he really said this:

Bush: “But they’re also beginning to understand my deep desire to spread liberty around the world as a way to help secure our country in the long run.”

Really? Attacking Iraq was Bush’s way to “spread liberty around the world?” He went after one nation which he thought could be easily defeated and this is his way to “spread liberty?” I actually thought that Bush went after Iraq because he supposedly believed that country had wmds. Apparently, I was wrong.[/quote]
There were many reasons for going after
Saddam Hussein
(not Iraq per se), among them that Saddam was a psychotic tyrant, a warmonger, was pursuing banned weapons programs including biological weapons (especially through “dual-use” technologies), and was a threat to the entire region as evidenced by Saddam’s decisions to attack both Iran and Kuwait in order to control more of the region’s oil supplies and transport capabilities.

[quote=“cableguy, village political idiot”]Bush’s delusion continues:
Bush: “But I will argue that Saddam Hussein out of power has made the world a better place and a safer place.”

How is the world a safer place if the man had no wmds? With no weapons, Hussein was not a threat. So, how has getting rid of him made the world safer place?

Bush is clearly a man in his own world. Luckily, come November, he will be back on the ranch and Kerry and Edwards will be in charge of the “real” world, not the one in Bush’s fantasy land.[/quote]
Saddam Hussein had weapons – he had fighter jets, he had bombs, he had mortars, he had an enormous military; all of which he used on repeated occasions. On the WMD front, he had active programs to spray-dry Bacillus thuringiensis into 5um particles – totally unnecessary for moth control, but highly desirable for spray-drying the remarkably similar Bacillus anthraxis into an aerially-dispersable form for dusting, oh, say, Chicago.

Saddam Hussein also regularly violated the cease-fire agreement from the 1991 Gulf War, by such actions as firing on coalition military patrols that were enforcing the “no-fly zones” over Iraq – said zones being necessary to protect the people of Iraq from a dictator who had, among other things, used poison gas on the Kurds of Karbala.

So, you think the world was equally safe – or safer – with Saddam Hussein in power? Cableschmuck, you’re really fucked in the head, man, you know?

Please?

Thanks,
Rascal
Moderator IP Forum

MaPoSquid: Do you actually have a legitimate complaint about the accuracy of cableguy’s Bush quotes, or are you just ranting? No? OK, just ranting…

Did I dispite the “accuracy”? Anywhere?? No, I merely commented on the pointless, utterly stupid drivel that cableguy interspersed between the quotes.

Do you have any comments on the content of my post, or are you just being a [deleted]? Ok, rhetorical question. . . .

[quote=“MaPoSquid”][quote=“cableguy”]Well, many people may have been wondering why Bush attacked Iraq and he recently gave his reason on Larry King Live. I wish I were making this stuff up, but he really said this:

Really? Attacking Iraq was Bush’s way to “spread liberty around the world?” He went after one nation which he thought could be easily defeated and this is his way to “spread liberty?” I actually thought that Bush went after Iraq because he supposedly believed that country had wmds. Apparently, I was wrong.[/quote]
There were many reasons for going after
Saddam Hussein
(not Iraq per se), among them that Saddam was a psychotic tyrant, a warmonger, was pursuing banned weapons programs including biological weapons (especially through “dual-use” technologies), and was a threat to the entire region as evidenced by Saddam’s decisions to attack both Iran and Kuwait in order to control more of the region’s oil supplies and transport capabilities.

[quote=“cableguy, village political idiot”]Bush’s delusion continues:

Bush is clearly a man in his own world. Luckily, come November, he will be back on the ranch and Kerry and Edwards will be in charge of the “real” world, not the one in Bush’s fantasy land.[/quote]
Saddam Hussein had weapons – he had fighter jets, he had bombs, he had mortars, he had an enormous military; all of which he used on repeated occasions. On the WMD front, he had active programs to spray-dry Bacillus thuringiensis into 5um particles – totally unnecessary for moth control, but highly desirable for spray-drying the remarkably similar Bacillus anthraxis into an aerially-dispersable form for dusting, oh, say, Chicago.

Saddam Hussein also regularly violated the cease-fire agreement from the 1991 Gulf War, by such actions as firing on coalition military patrols that were enforcing the “no-fly zones” over Iraq – said zones being necessary to protect the people of Iraq from a dictator who had, among other things, used poison gas on the Kurds of Karbala.

So, you think the world was equally safe – or safer – with Saddam Hussein in power? Cableschmuck, you’re really fucked in the head, man, you know?[/quote]

Squid,

Why is it you and the other Bush supporters feel a desire to attack the messenger rather than the message? Is it because you know that the criticism people have with Bush as a world leader is true?

You have called me several names all of which I will ignore because I know you are simply a desperate man who is aware that Bush’s time in office is coming to an end and soon your boy will be back on the ranch in Texas. (Hey, perhaps he will invite you over for a visit and the both of you can discuss his decision to invade a country that had no wmds while allowing the real culprit of 9/11, bin Lauden, to escape punishment? If that does happen, you can also praise him on his decision to just continue sitting with the kiddies while they read and while their country was under attack).

Yes, Squid, I will ignore your childish name calling simply because I feel sorry for you. I know how hard it must be to see another member of the Bush family booted out of office after only one term. Yes, I pity you, Squid. I PITY YOU! :slight_smile: Your defense of a loser must make you also feel like a loser. However, I don’t think you are a loser in Bush’s league so don’t feel too bad. Bush is a world class loser without a clue how to be a good world leader. Now don’t you feel better? :slight_smile:

(See, Squid, how easy it is to make several points without engaging in any name calling? :slight_smile: ) And please remember, it is Bush that is the loser not you. Well, you may be a loser but I don’t really know you, so I will let your friends and family make the final decision about that.

And the US has the right to control oil supplies and transport capabilities? (Which, let’s face it, is the real point of the war. Not wmd’s, regimes and all the other excuses and reasons Bush had in a dream one night).

And here is another quote, while we are at it:

(Tee hee).

[quote=“cableguy”]Bush’s delusion continues:

So, how has getting rid of him made the world safer place? [/quote]

By letting his actions wake America up from its hero-worship of him after 9/11, and making them see that he has no business being in the White House (except maybe as a tour guide or on a poster with the caption “Never again, America.”) Now the world is going to be safer because by waking up from the stupor that 9/11 has lulled Americans into, they will be voting Bush out of office. Once out, he can no longer keep provoking other countries with unstable leaders (note, I said other countries as opposed to a certain one who also fits that description…hint: it’s the second largest country in North America) in his efforts to start WWIII. Ergo, a safer world.

Wouldn’t it be funny if Osama Bin Laden turned himself in the day after Kerry gets sworn into office, just to do to Bush what the terrorists did to Carter 24 years ago?

[quote=“Dangermouse”]

(Tee hee).[/quote]

Damn, I wonder if shrinking this to avatar size standards would affect the legibility…

Can we assume that you feel the same way about the Kerry Campaign’s and the DNC’s desire to attack the swiftboat vets for truth rather than their message about Kerry’s lies?

Do you also believe that the Kerry Campaign’s and the DNC’s attack against the swiftboat vets for truth is due to the fact that the Kerry Campaign and the DNC know that the criticism of Kerry is true?

Just checking.

Well, the SmearBoats Vets are full of shit, and so is their message. You have these guys claiming to have seen things that they simply weren’t there for, claiming to have treated Kerry’s wounds when they didn’t…

[color=blue]Hail To The Chef![/color]

(George W. Bush quotes for the month of August, 2004):

“Tribal sovereignty means that, it’s sovereign. I mean, you’re a – you’re a – you’ve been given sovereignty and you’re viewed as a sovereign entity. And therefore the relationship between the federal government and tribes is one between sovereign entities.”

“As you know, we don’t have relationships with Iran. I mean, that’s – ever since the late '70s, we have no contacts with them, and we’ve totally sanctioned them. In other words, there’s no sanctions – you can’t – we’re out of sanctions.”

“Let me put it to you bluntly. In a changing world, we want more people to have control over your own life.”

“He wakes up one night and an ax-wielding group of men tried to hatchet him to death, or ax him to death. I guess, you don’t hatchet somebody with an ax. And you don’t ax them with a hatchet. He wakes up, the glint of the blade coming at him, and he gets cut badly, escapes. The guy hit his wife, who never recovered, really.”

Taxes? “I cut the taxes on everybody. I didn’t cut them. The Congress cut them. I asked them to cut them.”

"I knew this was going to be an issue in our country, that there would be people that say, ‘There goes a Muslim-looking person.’ "

“I wish I wasn’t the war president. Who in the heck wants to be a war president? I don’t.”

[color=blue](Fortunately it’s been proven that there’s no known connection between sounding like fool and being one.)[/color]

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A6375-2004Aug16.html

THEY ARE BOTH KNOBS!!!