More Taiwanese racism (Taoyuan community petitions foreign workers to leave)

[quote=“pgdaddy1”][quote=“cake”]The Taoyuan Hillbillies:

[quote]

Taoyuan County Councilor Lu Lin Hsiao-feng (呂林小鳳), who represents the constituency, denied that residents wanted foreign workers to leave because of racial discrimination.

It has nothing to do with discrimination,” she said. “With 460 households and more than 1,000 residents, Rueilian is a peaceful community. They are merely worried that clashes could happen because of these foreign workers, with their different skin color and different culture, going in and out of the community.”[/quote][/quote]

I wonder what she thinks the word discrimination means ? I feel quite ill reading this.[/quote]

I now see mental retardation is a prerequisite for entering the City Council. And I just thought lying and corruption were the only requirments. :loco: :loco: :loco:

Actually a large majority of them do not have one. They can’t change what they do not have.

And yes, they are super racist people, even a shade of darker skin is not tolerable. Locals talk about it openly about how much they hate the fact that dark skinned Indian and others are increasing in Taiwan; right at my face. I replied… wait couple of more years and Taiwan will be full of Indians :slight_smile:. It was fun to see their face.

:no-no:

Are any Taiwanese racist towards us blue eyed blonde haired foreigners?

Yeah, the ones who spent some years abroad. :laughing:

Seriously, you do meet a fair number of older waishengren in Taipei who lived and studied abroad who are pretty contemptuous of westerners. Can’t say I always blame them.

Puppet: she wasn’t really doing a nazi salute in that picture, was she?

Somewhat OT, but I was in a taxi the other day listening to the driver’s usual right-wing talk show channel. Some hoarse-voiced politican comes on and does an excellent impression of the Fuhrer of the Third Reich - all in Taiwanese, of course, but the wife (shaking her head) explains that this guy is positioned as the DPP’s next presidential candidate. Anyone know more about this?

Yes. I’m not blonde and blue-eyed, but there are threads on that particular phenomenomenon.

There are some but they aren’t really racist as they are more like “why do these goofy looking misfits who couldn’t make it in their own countries all of sudden think they are important here?” Fortunately, only a small minority of the population thinks this way.

[color=#BF4000]Actually a large majority of them do not have one. They can’t change what they do not have.[/color]

And yes, they are super racist people, even a shade of darker skin is not tolerable. Locals talk about it openly about how much they hate the fact that dark skinned Indian and others are increasing in Taiwan; right at my face. I replied… wait couple of more years and Taiwan will be full of Indians :slight_smile:. It was fun to see their face.[/quote]
If these are not out-right racist, I don’t know what is.