Mosquito bites last a long time here!

Where do you get the white Muhi brand stuff?

Local pharmacy, usually have to looks around a few as it’s not always in stock.

yes they do and thats the bad part of summer in taiwan.
worse they now have these tiny ones i call gnats that really really itch.
and screens dont stop them as they are too small.
also they tend to fly around your face (thats about when you know they are there).
plus you have to worry about the big ones with striped feet that can carry dengue fever !!

lol aint putting that shit on (made from bats?)

2 Likes

It’s from Germany I think. :grin:

1 Like

German bats ? Ever seen a Dracula movie. (Romania, I know but he has that German gothic theme going)

1 Like

The weirdest huge bite I’ve ever had

2 Likes

Did you scratch it? It almost looks like you got bit twice.

Seems everywhere now, saw one in the EU, seldom too see it in Kao (I see the common one color one the most)

It’s too late. Might as well just cut off your arm at this point.

1 Like

This was a small black one, killed it shortly after.

Varies by species. The rice paddy mosquito leaves an enormous welt that can easily last a week. Black tiger mosquitoes are a normal-sized normal-duration welt but will bite you repeatedly. There’s a really small mosquito that will attack your ankles every couple of minutes until you’re driven insane from the itching, but they don’t even create a welt and the burning stops after a few hours.

The really small mosquitoes are the worst, IMHO, because they are almost too small to see and they actively avoid your face. Even in bed they’ll attack your feet and ankles. I suspect it’s a defensive measure – they seem to seek heat but avoid CO2, thereby staying away from the victim’s eyes and ears.

I tried to find the name of the species, but apparently there are 42 known mosquito species in Taiwan according to one recent study.

2 Likes

when i was growing up i never encountered this super tiny black mosquito (or gnat or whatever it is) but it is small enough to go through the screen doors with no trouble. They make their presence known by flying around your face and are extremely fast and almost impossible to kill.

and the bites are super small but ohhhh soo itchy. and itches for a week.

those are the worst, but the ones that carry dengue fever are the worst for you if you end up catching dengue fever.

and apparently there are two kinds of dengue fever and its very dangerous if you get both and taiwan has both so i hear.

That’s 小黑蚊, noseeums, not mosquitoes.

Shouldn’t we hehe this with the “very well made in Taiwan” thread? The mosquitoes here are high quality, with lasting results.

2 Likes

It looks like you have some sort of nest growing under your skin.

1 Like

oh yeah they bite hard , especially when around the finger joints. I lived in the mountains here , so have had plenty of bites. :grinning:

1 Like

I’ve had hemorrhagic dengue fever. It’s no walk in the woods. Thought I was going to die.

2 Likes

Bites from these Gnats feel like they are on fire, but if you can resist scratching they fade after an hour or so.

1 Like

Yeah but if you so much as touch it again that is enough to itch like all hell again
What are those things are they native to Taiwan

I never saw them growing up on Taiwan until the 90s