Most fucked up guitar solos of all time

I nominate Mr. Hugh Cornwell. You can hear it around 2 minutes 20. If anyone has any worse guitar solos please post them, but I doubt they’ll beat this one.

1 Like

Oh, that IS crap.

It’s a shame they took down all those great guitarist parodies from Youtube.

They’d have an Eddy Van Halen or Steve Vai video with some good but not great wanktarist dubbed over. I laughed to the point of tears many times.

Edit: Wait! Some of them are back!

and for the Steve Vai fans out there . . . (Vai’s got the facial expressions that really help “make” the parody)

Paco De Lucia

Joe Satriani (great drumming on this one)

Slash

Oh crrrrrap, that WAS intolerable! Wasn’t the Stranglers the favourite band of the late Keith Floyd? Bloody hell, they should have STRANGLED Cornwell!

Ouch… Been there I’m sorry to say, although obviously not in that large a venue, yikes… You can see the panic reaction in his left hand, “fuck, wrong key, where am I, here, wait no, too late got to play something, cock!”…

I remember the first time I saw that Steve Vai parody I thought I was going to have a brain aneurysm from laughing so much…

Ha, I’m sure there have been worse. It was over pretty quickly, luckily (for him) and at least he got it back in key.

After the solo, he looked like he just couldn’t wait for the song to be over and done with.

Those parodies are still fantastic, btw.

The parodies are brilliant.

I love the look on Hugh’s face at the end, kind of ‘I wonder if I got away with it? Let’s hope they’re all on acid.’

This is actually an awesome guitar solo, but also very fucked up in many ways:

Fred. Durst.

Wow, that’s the best guitar solo I’ve ever seen/heard. :slight_smile:

Fred Durst has taken pole position. Unless he was doing it deliberately as some kind of post modern, ironic thing that I would be too old to understand.

Fred Durst can’t take time out of his busy and booming career to learn about post modernism.

Can someone post the tab for that solo? I can’t quite get it.

Same for BB King :laughing:

If you’re referring to “most fucked up guitar solo”, go to the OP in this thread. At about 2:30 or so (I forget) the lead singer for the Stranglers plays an extremely brief, and lame solo, apparently out of key initially.

Tab, or tablature, is a form of musical notation commonly used by guitar players who don’t know how to read actual musical notation, mother.
Since old Mr. Durst plays only about two sounds on his guitar, therefore, it would not actually require tab to figure out how to “play” what he “played.”

My post is what is often described in certain rarified upper-echelon circles as having been composed in a lighthearted, even somewhat humorous vein.

Humor is a peculiarly human device by which one individual tries to say, do, or perhaps write something that will possibly cause another individual or individuals to “laugh” or perhaps “chuckle.” (For further reference, do a search on here for the poster known as j.scholl.)

Don’t forget the titters!

I thought we were talking about acid tabs.

WTF?

ANGULAR.

Listen to more John Zorn.

I thought he posted only in Temp, perhaps involuntarily.

3 Likes

He reminds me of that guy who stood up in the middle of an Elon Musk presentation/meeting and gave a little speech explaining why he should be appointed CEO of SpaceX.

2 Likes