Mountain/Forest Neighborhoods or Communities in Taipei/Xinbei?

My family and I are looking for a new place to rent and want to live somewhere decidedly green. I’m looking for suggestions for some lush and quiet areas within a 15 minutes drive of the Taipei MRT system.

Bus routes are a plus but we have a car and motorcycles.

We would like to spend between 10 and 20,000 a month so 2 or 3 bedroom apartments most likely. And that price range probably means Xinbei City, no pricey Taipei spots like Xinyi , Tianmu or Beitou.

We’d also prerfer communities with security, gas and garbage service but we can live without that if the area is spectacular.

One area we just checked out is Hua Yuan Community on the 9-jia highway in Xindian. Very beautiful but old, a tad pricey and not a lot of availability. We havent checked out Ankeng Road/Route 110 yet but that part of Xindian looks like it has some nice communities too. Traffic is bad on that particular road though.

We also like some of the communities up in the hills at Xiao Pingding in Danshui. A bit far though as I work on Nanjing E Rd and my girlfriend will be working in Taoyuan City.

Any other suggestions? Muzha? Shijih? Any mountain communities in Jhonghe or Tucheng?

Any good websites to check (other than yahoo and 591)?

No its not. It has an expressway that cuts out the entire built-up area of Ankeng, and there’s another expressway scheduled for completion at the end of this year that will connect to the No. 3 Freeway at the Ankeng intersection.
I live in a place called Taipei Xiao Chien. It’s way up on a mountain with a view of (almost) Sansia to the west in one direction and Yangmingshan in the north. BIIIIG sky from my patio! In the car, it takes me precisely 20 minutes to get from my front door to the front door of Carnegie’s on Anhe Rd.
Too far for some, I’m sure, but I can deal with that very happily. Plus, the new expressway (also usable by scooters, I believe) will cut that even further. And my 50-ping completely renovated and refurbished, all-wood floor, marble, climate-controlled double bathroom, party-sized covered patio, etc, cost less than a third of a similar property in Taipei City.
An area that is certainly worth a look, IMO.

Yep, plus direct buses to Taoyuan and shuttle buses to the East side for us working tribes…

Thanks for the good info. We’ll check out that area before we head out to Sanxia (which is probably where we’ll end up settling if we cant find something nice closer to Taipei) next weekend.

No its not. It has an expressway that cuts out the entire built-up area of Ankeng, and there’s another expressway scheduled for completion at the end of this year that will connect to the No. 3 Freeway at the Ankeng intersection.
I live in a place called Taipei Xiao Cheng. It’s way up on a mountain with a view of (almost) Sanxia to the west in one direction and Yangming Shan in the north. BIIIIG sky from my patio! In the car, it takes me precisely 20 minutes to get from my front door to the front door of Carnegie’s on Anhe Rd.
Too far for some, I’m sure, but I can deal with that very happily. Plus, the new expressway (also usable by scooters, I believe) will cut that even further. And my 50-ping completely renovated and refurbished, all-wood floor, marble, climate-controlled double bathroom, party-sized covered patio, etc, cost less than a third of a similar property in Taipei City.
An area that is certainly worth a look, IMO.[/quote]

Any chance you can get me some links (in Chinese is fine) about that community and/or the expressway?

Dunno where to find links, sorry.

I saw that expressway when I was driving the 110 to Sanxia over CNY. Was wondering where it was going. Do you think though that with a new expressway that area is just going to explode with new development thus destroying the reason to move out there? There’s a lot of land to develop in that area and I doubt they have built an expressway just to alleviate traffic for the people already living there.

Still, nice location.

Yeah, its sure to explode – but on the other side of the valley from my community and further out toward Sansia. There’s not much scope for further development where we live, I don’t think.

Is Taipei Xiao Cheng the name of your community sandman? How much is rental up there on average? We tried moving last year but couldn’t find anything that suited us.

You might also want to consider Lotus Hill: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2589