Mountain Summit American English School

Hey! I was going to apply for a school going by the name of Mountain Summit American English School on a couple job sites - but I can’t seem to find anything on it outside of the job sites. There are no websites, forums, reviews - nothing. They say they’ve been in Tianmu for 18 years so I was wondering if anyone has some experience or perhaps knows if they go under another name with real info!

I would like to apply but I probably will avoid it there’s nothing on it as I’m outside the country and need something solid for the visa/ARC etc.

It’s probably just some generic, independently owned (not a chain like HESS, Kojen, etc) buxiban that’s spamming a lot of adverts. They’re a dime a dozen and none of them are worth getting bent out of shape. If you have reservations about it, just apply to any other school.

Keep in mind that most places, especially during our time of corona, won’t hire you from overseas.

1 Like

Hi. I usually don’t respond to chat forums, but since this conversation was front and center on Google search, I feel compelled. For the most part DrewC made valid assumptions about many smaller schools. A lot of them come and go pretty fast. On the other hand, larger franchise schools are not for everyone either. It seems to depend a lot on location and management.

Everything you read about Mountain Summit American English School is correct in the advertisement. We have been in the Tianmu area for 19 years now. We are a single location school so our internet footprint is nearly nonexistent. We are working on website now to fix that. But I believe it is a great place to work. There is an established system. We keep our classes at a manageable 12 students or less per class, and we promote a team atmosphere to teaching and ongoing professional development. We do offer ARCs and work permits, and we also provide local assistance to help teachers navigate their move if they need help finding an apartment or speaking with locals regarding phones, banks…etc. While we are all set for the coming year (Aug 2022 to Jul. 2023), I’d welcome the opportunity to discuss our school in more detail with anyone the next time we have an opening ~ Patrick

2 Likes