Movie theaters that show early?

Are there any good theaters in Taipei that show movies early, maybe morning or early afternoon? I checked with a few and they start at 4pm, it’s just bizzare.

Edit: found showtime cinemas that plays throughout the day

Ambassador starts at 10 am. My favorite slot.

2 Likes

That’s the sad singles slot.

I’m often at them.

3 Likes

They’re often cheaper in the morning, if it matters. More importantly, relatively free of people looking at their phones.

I thought most of the theaters have morning slots? That’s the main time I go to my annual or semi-annual film. I just looked at Vieshow Xinyi, and they’ve got Wonder Woman 1984 screening all day, starting at 9:50am.

Warning: once in a while your morning or afternoon movie may coincide with a high school day off. Those are not good times to go to the cinema.

The first show in a movie theater is called a matinee in the US. I heard some FOB Taiwanese in the US went to the movies during the day and expected free martinis. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

The all you can watch of 8-12 movies for ~$160 theater starts around 10am.

2 Likes

wovie theater in tianmu has morning shows too

You can check Movie Theaters and showtimes in the following link

3 Likes

Unrelated, but what’s the most fancy theater in Taipei? By fancy I mean, great big screen (I liked the curved screens in the US), great sound system and reclining seats.

Maybe the MUVIE CINEMAS from Vieshow (TITAN and MUCROWN)

sources:

https://www.bnext.com.tw/article/56389/vieshow-cinemas-xinyi-a13-muvie-cinemas

1 Like

I went to showtimes, it was quite easy to order a movie through the machine (it has english and applepay), and the place was pretty much empty in the afternoon. It’s a bit of a walk from 中山站. Bit chilly inside and they don’t give you blankets like at some theaters.

1 Like