Moving a pet OUT of Taiwan to Europe

Hi all!

Last week I successfully moved my cat from Taiwan to Italy. After going through the process and noticing there isn’t much detailed information online about such procedure, I decided to write an in-depth post on my website about it. Since the procedure is pretty much standardized for all European countries, I think my experience should be useful for anyone who is planning to move a pet from Taiwan to Europe.

Taking your pet with you to Europe is easy and quite cheap: please, do NOT abandon your pet when you have to leave Taiwan. There is an alternative.

Hope this is helpful! :wink:

theloveblender.com/moving-a- … -to-italy/

thanks for the detailed article. My cat Milktea looks very much like Mimi.

got a question though, how did you get Mimi to drink water from a small bowel while she was feeling tense? Or was the flight so long that she would eventually give in?

[quote=“hansioux”]thanks for the detailed article. My cat Milktea looks very much like Mimi.

got a question though, how did you get Mimi to drink water from a small bowel while she was feeling tense? Or was the flight so long that she would eventually give in?[/quote]

Yeah the flight was just ridiculously long so after few hours she started accepting some dry bits and a bit of water. The first 5 or 6 hours of the journey Mimi was super scared and looked around suspiciously, but after a while she got so tired she gave in and started sleeping and eating a bit.

Hope this helps!

This thread is like a blessing from heaven for me. I was in the process of looking for information to bring my cat back to Italy when I stumbled upon this post. :slight_smile: Great job, marghini.